BBB Accredited Business since 06/09/2008

OB Renovations, LLC

09/01/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I contracted with OceanBlueTx to have repairs done to my pool. The repairs were, replaster, repair wall, fix leak in back of wall, fix rust problems coming out of pool lights and replace a part of deck. I went with *** because he seemed honest and they company had no complaints.The work looked good when done... at first. Now a month later the leak is still happening and was never addressed. The rust is back and the answer they give "that is normal just put this chemical in to reduce the rust" That is NOT what I paid for!!! I would never recommend this company. I'm still trying to get them to do the right thing and fix my problems I paid for, if they do I will amend this.

FIX what was supposed to be fixed n the contract.

We received an email on two separate occasions notifying my team about the customers two concerns, rust and leak. A phone call was made to the customer that same day and it was discussed as to where the rust was coming from and the solution. The pool has two metal light niches that were installed when the pool was built 15 years ago. The metal niches are rusting from inside and causing a metal stain. There are pool chemicals available to be added to the water to eliminate metals from the water, therefore eliminating the rust. We introduced a chemical to the water the same day the email was received and days later the rust was gone and customer stated, "wow, you were right. The chemical got rid of the stains"

The second email was received on 7/12/14. Again, we immediately made a phone call to the customer to discuss and left 2 messages without a return phone call. A third call was made after we received this BBB complaint and finally made contact. We did address the leak when the renovation took place, however, the customer was out of town the entire week and had no idea what was done during the time we were there. Leaks are difficult to repair due to the complexities and many factors involved. We checked all areas of plumbing and sealed all voids at that time. Since then, we have been back to the job on two separate occasions to further evaluate the problem, the last visit included presence from OceanBlu Management and the Homeowner. The solution was discussed and agreed on at that time. We completed the repair without any additional charges and consider the matter resolved.

Construction & Remodeling Services, Swimming Pool Service & Repair