BBB Accredited Business since 08/11/2008

Ultra Concrete, Inc.

08/25/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Premature concrete color fading - New Home Construction.
Our home was built custom by Endurance Customer Homes and they contracted Ultra Concrete to do ALL our patio and driveway work. After 11 months after our home was completed, I noticed the entire stamped coloring began to fade. We called Ultra Concrete and they came out to look at the work and determined it was "weather" related issues and they could correct under warrantee; which is interesting since everything about their business is meant for the outdoor elements!

Instead of offering to correct under warranty, they submitted a reduced bill for us to share the expense to remedy the matter. The bill was for $1500, but just for the driveway, not the patio. After numerous attempts to have Ultra cover under warrantee, Ultra Concrete would not concede, therefor forcing us to settle paying the reduced price to correct.

After settling on a cost, Ultra Concrete suggested that we wait another season to ensure the warm weather will properly cure the product. We did...

After waiting a season, we made an attempt to contact them to schedule, but interestingly Ultra did not reply to us after several attempts. I continue to make an effort with little luck until reaching them this summer. At this point, I was getting pretty frustrated with the lack of customer service. Finally Ultra Concrete sent another employee this past spring to look at the issues and shortly after sent a quote for over $8000+ to correct. I mentioned our originally agreement and they said it expired, we need to complete the season prior - but Ultra advise us to wait!! By now, this has been going on since Aug 2014!

Today, Ultra is not returning my calls, or emails. I was promised to speak to the owner, *****, regarding this matter and that never happened - it's been over a month now since hearing from them. I even provided pictures to support my claim, no response. Today, Ultra Concrete is even avoiding my phone calls, as they would pick up and then immediately hang up recognize my number.

This is a horrible company!!!

Resolve under Warrantee as documented for new construction or honor their orginal offer discount price of $1 per sqft to fix!

The referenced project was completed on 9/17/13; the homeowner called around the end of July 2014 or first part of August asking about the color fading on his driveway. One of our owners (*****) went out and looked at the driveway and determined that the fading was due to weather from the heavy freeze/ice we had that winter. On August 5, 2014 we sent a proposal to the builder who we had contracted with to do the initial work through to clean, touch-up color & reseal the front driveway (only area that the homeowner was concerned about at the time) at a discounted rate of $1.00 per sq ft for a total of $1,120.00 as we cannot warranty against the elements. Ultra Concrete recommended waiting until the spring to do the repairs and the homeowner agreed. This was the last contact we had with the homeowner until May 26, 2016 at which time Mr. Homeowner called to schedule a time for one of our owners to come out and give him a quote for not only the driveway but the pool deck as well. At this time there was no mention of the previous quote or issues and our scheduler who had been with the company for less than a year at that time was not aware of the proposal from 2014. Our other owner (Larry) went out and met with Mrs. Homeowner on June 8, 2016. On June 10, 2016 Ultra Concrete sent a proposal, Later that day Mrs. Homeowner responded and asked for us to send a quote for just the driveway as it was much more expensive than they expected. On June 13th we revised the quote to reflect the driveway only and forwarded it to them. On June 16th Mr. Homeowner sent an email with pictures stating that this should not have happened after 2.5 years. On June 21st I responded to Mr. Homeowners email and explained to him that after further review that we came across the quote from August 5, 2014 that was never acted upon and explained that we cannot warranty issues caused by the elements and that it know been 2 years and 9 months later that it fell within the recommended reseal time frame.

I would further like to point out that at no time between the initial quote for the reseal until May 26, 2016 of this year has our office be contacted by Mr. Homeowner. And since contact from Mr. Homeowner on May 26, 2016 has he ever called our office and been hung up on. That is not how Ultra Concrete conducts business.

At this time August 19, 2016 Ultra Concrete, Inc will honor the original quote dated August 5, 2014 for the front driveway only to clean touch up color & reseal with no warranty.

Accepting the offer to have the driveway repaired at $1.00 per sqft. The original proposal came in at $1500.

Please confirm the proposed amount.

08/05/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The patio that was poured was of pour quality and has shown defects since week #1. We now have a cracked and faded patio of poor quality.
Ultra concrete was contracted to create a large stamped concrete patio Invoice #****.Aug. 29 2012. Within a week after the patio was poured I noticed cracking and contacted the company. They Sent **** out and he assured me it was not a structural issue. I argued that this was not normal and they assured me they would fix it. They continued to complete the project and smoothed out the cracks sealing the patio. In October 8 approx. 2 months later I noticed more cracking and raised joints in the patio. I contacted the company again and after meeting with the job foreman, **** and much conflict I asked to meet with ***** the owner. ***** finally agreed to come and take a look and his comment was" it's Texas concrete cracks". After some negotiation he agreed to put 3 additional drain catches in and assured me this would not continue to destroy the patio. I was not convinced and he said he would make it right if I had any more problems. Of course this has not been the case and now not only do I have major cracking throughout the entire patio in addition to the cracking the color is not holding. and it has been less than 2 years. The company refuses
to call or meet with us. I have a record of communications with this company since week #1 regarding my concerns for the long term structural
integrity of the patio and I was assured that they were a company that stands by the quality of their work. We now have a cracked and faded patio after a short period with a company that refuses to even communicate or meet with us regarding defective work. They assured me they would stand by their product. We Paid $7,174.53 for a beautiful patterned concrete patio. We have a cracked faded
patio after a couple of years. They have not provided us with a quality product for the money we worked so hard for. We have contacted them and they put us off.

I would like a refund or replacement. I would prefer a replacement by another company that is more reputable.

On August 3, 2012 Mr. & Mrs. ******* contracted with our company to install 582 sqft of stamped concrete, support footings and drainage. We started their project in August of 2012. This project was put on hold twice, first hold was due to the *******'s not acquiring approval from the HOA and the second time was due to a drainage issue with a neighbor. Once we were allowed to proceed with the work there where changes made to the layout and there was additional drainage needed. Our original quote stated that drainage was + or - 100' of 4" drain line. With the changes and the drainage issues this job was going to require 363' of 4" drain line and 4 - 12" catch basins for the yard to drain correctly. I sent an approval invoice to the *******'s on August 27, 2012 at 11:30am with the additional drainage. Our field supervisor explained that this drainage was necessary or there could be issues with ground and concrete movement due to insufficient drainage. At 2:53pm on August 27, 2012 Mrs. ******* replied and I quote (we have decided to NOT go ahead with the extra drainage work). Shortly after we poured the patio on August 30, 2012 Mrs. ******* called concerned about some cracks in the concrete, these are called shrinkage cracks and can appear as the concrete cures out. This was explained to the *******'s prior to us doing any work when they signed our warranty sheet. We explained to Mrs. ******* that it is very common in the Texas heat for the shrinkage cracks to appear, these are surface cracks not structural cracks and would be addressed when we returned to highlight and seal once the concrete had had a minimum of 21 days of cure time. On October 8, 2012 Mrs. ******* emailed our office about the shrinkage cracks again and ***** (owner) assured her that she has a quality patio and it in normal with the heat, stamping and cure time for these shrinkage cracks to appear. On April 17, 2013 Mrs. ******* called and stated that there was a crack in her patio and it was totally unacceptable. On April 21, 2013 our field supervisor went out and accessed the crack/issue and determined that the crack was due to ground movement. Mrs. ******* then called ***** (owner) direct and told him that she wanted to meet with him along with her attorney. On April 30, 2013 ***** (owner) asked me to contact Mr. ******* to set up a meeting that would work for both Mr. & Mrs. ******* as ***** wanted them both home when he went out to address their concerns. At that time ***** agreed to install an additional 15' of drain line at no cost so planter would drain properly in hopes the concrete wouldn't move anymore. At no time did ***** (owner) say that this would keep the concrete from moving. Had the additional drainage been done at the beginning the *******'s may not be having the ground movement issues. Unfortunately the soil in North Texas does move and we as the concrete company have no control over this. In June of this year Mrs. ******* called our office demanding that ***** contact her about her concrete. Mrs. ******* was very rude to ********* (office assistant) at that time and had been very rude to our employee's over the last two years. From the day we started this project our employee's were subject to Mrs. *******'s very explicit language not only to them but to her neighbors as well. After the way she spoke to ********* the last time she called the office and our warranty had expired in October 2013 ***** made the choice not to contact her. ***** is willing to this day to meet with Mr. *******, but will not meet if Mrs. ******* is present. As for the color fading, this is a very common occurrence after a year or so as this is outside in the elements and can be caused by many things such as UV Ray exposure, ice, cleaning products, etc.

Concrete Contractors, Concrete Reinforcements, Concrete Products, Concrete - Stamped & Decorative, Patio & Deck Builders, Concrete - Custom