Dallas and Northeast Texas

Closets By Design

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

04/30/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I did not approve or sign or date the contract, but my Husband's credit card was charged anyway.
Sales Rep ******* **** came out on 04/09/2014 and took measurements and gave price for a closet design. I and Mr ***** signed the payment portion but we did not sign the portion of the contract that states: I have read, understood and approved the contract and terms. ***** Llamas sent me an email stating that I needed to sign the contract and email or fax back. I contacted ***** on 4/16/2014 and advised was not signing the contract, that I wanted doors and an earlier installation date of May 29 2014, so I was going to check around for other options. ***** stated that since I signed the payment portion, the contract is binding. I advised ***** that is it not binding otherwise she would have not sent it to me to sign and send back. ***** stated. she would get with the Manager and get back with me. On 4/16/2014, I faxed over copy of contract shoeing no signature and placed "VOID" across the contract and stated in the comments section that "I am voiding the contract. I understood the payment terms but not the contract terms therefore did not sign. If the credit card was charged, please reverse the charges." On 4/16/2014, I was contacted by ****, title unknown, we spoke about the date and the doors. **** stated would check on price for adding doors. **** called back sometime later on 04/16, stated to add doors would be an additional $1,078. We talked about eliminating closets on 2 walls. **** stated to eliminate 2 walls and add doors would same price of $4,105.00. I advised would check with my Spouse and get back with her. On 4/18/2014, I called and spoke with **** and advised her My spouse and I want to explore other options. **** stated that the contract is binding since my spouse and I signed the payment portion although we did not sign the and approve the contract portion. I advised **** a contract is not valid unless it is signed and dated. I also read back the portion of the contract that states "Either party may cancel this transation without penalty or obligation within 3 business days from the date the contract was signed." I advised ****, we did not sign the contract and that the company need to reverse the charges back to the credit card, and that if had to would seek help from an Attorrney. **** stated would have to get with the Owner and would get back to me. The reason I'm sending my complaint before I hear back from **** is she specifically stated that the contract is binding since the payment portion was signed and they already charged the credit card. To which I replied a contract is not binding until it is signed and dated expressing consent and approval.

Need the charges $2,090.00 refunded back to the credit card. Need the company to acknowledge that the contract has been voided and no furhter charges will be made to the credit card charged.

This complaint was resolved several days ago. The customer's credit card has been credited and the contract cancelled. The confusion was caused due to the fact that the customer had signed all of the drawings, initialed the appropriate areas, signed the payment information and scheduled an installation.

02/22/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Poor customer Service
February 1, 2013, I missed a called at 2:31 pm informing me that the service techs were at my house. I returned the call at 3:00pm stating that the service techs had been at my house a while and stayed an additional 30 minutes. When I returned the called I was informed that I was now responsibile for the 20% because I was not at the home. I requested a call 30 minutes prior seeing that I work; I was told they were 3 minutes from being at my house. I am disputing the extra 20%. I chose this company based on the customer reviews; unfortunately I received poor customer service. If I had known that this is the type of service I would received I would never bother using them.

I am seeking services to be rendered & not charged the extra 20%.

I am confused. This installation has already been rescheduled and the 20% fee waived before I received this notice. Will you please verify that this complaint is legitemate? I do not want this on my record for 3 years when we have already accomodated the client.

BBB Complaint Case#91243392(Ref#66-32000008-91243392-3-210)
Subject: Change status due to owner original agreement to drop the 20%. The owner will charge the 20% due to the complaint remaining on her file for 3 years. Therefore, I am not satisfied as a consumer.

I received a call from Lisa from Closet by Design Friday informing me that she has decided to charge me the 20% regardless that the claim was "resolved;" because it would stay on her account for 3-years. In good faith I did what she asked that I would do, however she has gone back on her word therefore the situation has not been resolved. I am a customer not satisfied with the business response. She is a bad business owner who lack customer service skills.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. This is an unusual situation and circumstance.

Regards,
Tonya Council
hkll1@verizon.net

I find it ironic that the customer states the complaint got my attention when the matter was resolved 100% in the customer's favor before I was notified of the complaint.

12/11/2012Problems with Product / Service