BBB Accredited Business since 11/08/2010

Closet Factory

03/13/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Company charged me 100% of work up front and not the 50% their contract stated Called the rep ad Co.and got no resolution.
I contracted this Company to do work on my closet. The agent asked how I wanted to ay. I gave her my credit card, to chg. the 50% their contract stated as a din payment to do the job.
Hadn't heard from the Co and called the representative as she ad Saudi a week. I also stated I hoped they only charged the 50% up front. She never addressed the chg. and when I gt my statement my chg. was used the day after booking fr 100% of the payment.
When I once agin addressed this the agent told me I gave her the card and a lot of people ay by check for the nature job.
I told her no business reason would do that as their contract stated 50% and if the job was not done correctly.

I asked only to be refunded the 5% they over charged until the job was finished and satisfactory. I emailed the representative and called the main office. My install was scheduled for 3/7/2014 but sad since I was never called back I assumed the install was canceled. Still no response.

The client was given the option to pay 50% down, 40% on arrival and 10% after completion. She was also given the option to pay 100% up front. The Clients total was a much smaller than usual amount. The client chose to pay 100% and signed both a Contract Face Sheet and a Credit Card Authorization form that clearly show that is how she was accepting to pay. I would have refunded the 50% anyway, but by the time we could have refunded money to the client it was time to charge the final payment. I have spoken to this client and thought this was resolved as best I could.

There was no mention of 2 options. I read the document and gave my credit card to put the 50% down that he contract stated.
I asked the representative to Mae sure my credit card was not charged for the ttal amount when I asked why the install had not been scheduled in the amounts time she had said. She called back about an install date but never addressed the amount charged- why wouldn't you bless not wanting to address the issue. I got my bill the next day with the full amt charged. I contacted both the owner and the sales Rep again with no results other than saying I told her to charge the full amt! Never got an install time and repeatedly asked to speak to management. I assumed the install was not happening as no one gave me a time of installation. At 11:23 the evening before I get an email saying the installation was being done the next day- still no appt time or phone call.
In the end the product sold was not sturdy enough to hold what was in the closet they had looked at and in fact cut the capacity in half. No one knew enough of the product capability and it was a waste of time. The shoe rack was fine.
I was told by the owner that I would be refunded fully for the 3 units sent back. I would expect that to have been initiated last Friday for $750.00, taxes an any installation charges. If this happens the issue will be closed.

Closet Systems & Accessories, Office Furniture & Equipment, Garage Organizers, Cabinets, Cabinet Manufacturer, Wall Bed Sales, Wine Storage Equipment