Dallas and Northeast Texas

BBB Accredited Business since 01/23/2012

Coker Floor Company

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

01/02/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I was overcharged for product and installation of wood flooring.
I entered a transaction for wood flooring with Coker Floor Company. The sales agent was Loren Martin. I purchased the Mirage American Walnut flooring and agreed to also install baseboard, shoe molding, and one transition molding. The amount invoiced was $4090.25. The very same day I called Loren to let him know my wife changed our minds and we wanted to go with Maple flooring. Maple flooring is less expensive than the original American Walnut. I did verify/compared with a competitor (Adair Fine Flooring)the pricing. I spoke with Loren and we agreed on the price of $3706 for all products and services. When I received my credit card statement I was charged $4448.00. Also during the delivery of flooring the driver and I noticed the baseboards and shoe molding were not going to fit, so he took it back with him. (These items accounted for $127.00 + $153.23 + tax of the invoice) The baseboards and shoe molding was not installed and should have been deducted from the invoice amount of $3706.00. I contacted the credit card company and they opened an investigation, needless to say the credit card company received and invoice for the amount of $4448.00 with an additional hand written entry on the invoice (that I had previously signed) but did not authorize. This is very deceptive since I had several conversations with Loren about receiving the correct pricing. The correct amount I should have been billed is $3425.72.

Coker Floors needs to refund/credit my account in the amount of $1022.28.

This was a miscommunication between our salesperson and the customer. We have resolved this issue with Mr ***** and refunded his account for the amount of $1022.28

11/12/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My quote included removing and putting back on the base boards. They never mentioned that there would be damage left that I needed to hire a painter.
I was working with Chad from Coker Floors. In the quote, it said that that they would remove and replace the base boards after the flooring was installed, but they never mentioned that there would be holes remaining in the base boards that we would have to have painters come and repair afterwards. The reason I am very upset is that we had painters come the day before Coker Floors did. If I would have known that I would need this repair, I would have had the painters come afterwards and repair. Since we did a major paint job, the painters confirmed that they would not have charged us if we had done this afterwards with all of the other work. Now, the estimate is $200 to come and fix it. When I talked with Chad, he first was very responsive, and then completely ignored all phone calls. This is very typical in that I had to call several times just to get a copy of the contract an hour before they came to install it, which I reviewed and never saw anything about needing to repair baseboards afterwards. I was referred to Sam in their installation department, and they said they would not repair it, and I should have been told.

I would like either for them to come out and repair the baseboards, pay for a 3rd party to fix them, or give me $150 in order for me to pay a painter to fix them.

****, I apologize for the confusion regarding your baseboard. I think there had been a mis- communication on all parties. What we had thought was agreed to had been that Coker would eat the boxes of wood because the job had been short, you agreed that you would take care of the baseboards if that was the case. We did not measure the job and you wanted to close quickly on the wood floors, so Chad had mentioned that if it was short we could not be held accountable. Everything from my understanding is complete with this job. Once again I am sorry for the confusion and you will see the credit you have requested.

05/16/2012Problems with Product / Service
12/27/2011Problems with Product / Service
10/09/2012Problems with Product / Service

Carpet & Rug Dealers - New, Floors - Hardwood, Countertops, Granite, Hardwood Floor Contractors, Tile - Ceramic - Contractors & Dealers, Floor Laying, Refinishing & Resurfacing