Solutions Automotive

08/13/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Owner never sat me down to go over complete build, was run around like a delivery boy and when I picked my car up the motor was NOT balanced!
There is too much to write. I have all receipts and the vehicle was taken to another shop to be fixed from going to Solutions Automotive. When we agreed on a price of $6,000.00 to come pick up my car, two days later I show up with the money and all of a sudden the price is now $7,500.00 and not $6,000.00. AND IT WAS NOT BALANCED. it was on its way to be dyno'd and the Gentleman doing the work called me and asked who built my motor because I needed to call him and find out what is wrong because it was vibrating very bad. When all was fixed I drove about 20 miles before it popped a piston and cracked the block. *** ******* doesn't know how to do what I asked him to do and he needs to make it right!

My dream car turned into a nightmare because of *** ******* and I feel I should be reimbursed at least $5,000.00. I also bought a supercharger that the shop had ordered on their computer and it could not be returned because the mechanic threw away the box it came in....that costs $3300.00 and *** just shrugged his shoulders and has admitted it to me to my face that He didn't know what he was doing and because of that I feel he owes me almost the whole amount.

To Whom it may concern,

We are sorry for the late response to this issue! We never received paper work of the complaint. If it came by email we probably deleted it because we always get BBB email that is not real!

Mr. ******* and I where friends and networking buddies. I had known Mr. ******* since 2009 when we were both growing our business. We were involved in BNI together and he was my go to person for any and all window cleanings that needed to be done!

In March 2012 Mr. ******* had approached my Tech at the time about his mustang. ( my tech was a mustang freak and had done builds with his father ) Mr. ******* had spoken to me about it also! I told him any thing that he and the former employee did that they just needed to let me know. The problems at the time was that our company had not under take any sort of a build ( Restoration of a vehicle ) The 1988 Ford Mustang Fox Body was Mr. ******* dream car. He along with the tech at the time formed a plan and I did explain to Mr. ******* that his best bet was to get all the parts needed and we would put them on! This also included us just taking out the motor and having him take it to a shop that we recommended for a rebuilding of the motor. Mr. ******* had already with the help of our ex Tech compiled a stack of parts that he had shipped to our shop. Our tech stopped coming to work and we never heard from him again in April of 2012. At this point we had Mr. ******* vehicle and a bunch of parts and no one that was able to finish this project. We had not exchanged any money at all. I had no idea what the time was involved in this project. Also not just my company was involved in Mr. ******* project. Auto Solutions Paint and Body and Plano Machine were involved. ( Im sure they to can attest to the issues )

In June I spoke with ***** ******* ( Former Dallas Star Goalie. I had a friendship w him from The Allen Americans a team we have sponsored for 5 years now ) Mr. ******* owns a restoration shop up north! I asked him what the proper charges where for a project of this size. He communicated to me that usually a build is 25K and more as a basic starting point.

I spoke with Mr. ******* in July. I told him that we would charge him a reduced rate on shop charges. ( our typical is 90 per hour. We charged him 70 per hour. ) I also told him because we where friends that there was no way of putting a price on the build. Since I had never done this. I did explain to him that this could go to 15k but we didnt know! He explained that he had not had good luck w some money issues and that we needed to try to keep prices down. I told him that he should do all the foot work and just bring us parts.
( Foot work meaning that he took the motor some place and paid them to do the work. Thus not paying us any over head for it. Same w all parts. If we need small parts we would go ahead and get them and keep price down. All this because of a friendship and the need to keep pricing down. )

We took motor out in July 2012 and it was take to Plano Machine Shop. Mr. ******* was now in charge of taking care of the motor with Plano Machine.

During this time Mr. ******* had come to our shop and worked on his vehicle in our shop. Doing interior work. Then the vehicle was moved next door to Auto Solutions for work that Mr. ******* had contracted with them.

During this time My self and Mr. ******* had communications and he continued to bring us parts. Now us being friends I still had not asked for any money for anything that was done today which had included removing the motor and trans from the car and taking both the trans and motor to different shops for Mr. ******* to begin repairs.

In Oct. 2012 Mr. ******* came in to my shop and was very upset. He was angry that the motor was not done yet and things where not progressing like they should be. I asked him to step outside so we could chat. Because the conversation had turned to a confrontation He was upset and I said I would get with the motor builder and get things moving. He got the motor back to us after he picked it up and we began.

We ran into problems right off the bat. This was because the super charger didnt work with the intake Mr. ******* had purchased We started running into problems with all the parts that he had ordered ( Again Mr. ******* had order these parts with the help of a tech that had quit in April 2012 )

We did all that we could to find answers for Mr. *******. Mr. ******* did come in at the later part of the year. 2012 and did pay 2000 for work and parts done so far. We had put a total on the project of 15k but i told him would do all we could to keep it down. We continued to work. We got into January 2013 and still running into issues got the motor in the car. We did change to a new Super Charger and we did give the Old Super Charger back to Mr. ******* and advised that he turn around and sell asap!

We ended up putting in a new Transmission that Mr. ******* purchased because the old trans was bad. ( Leadership Transmission is the company that we used so that Mr. ******* could pay them and not us. Thus saving him money )

When we got the new Super Charger and the New Trans they came with a need for a different front main pulley. The Trans came with a new Fly wheel. We had to use these parts because there was no other way to get the older parts to work.

In Feb. 2013 we got the car up and running. ( I dod have three videos of the motor running with no issues other than it needing to be tuned. ) Mr. ******* was happy that we got it down. Yes the price was over what we had talked about. But this was because things had changed from the original starting point. Which is very common in all custom builds.
We did all that we could to get Mr. ******* in contact with shops that did tuning. He was unhappy with the company that we had rec. He wanted the car tuned asap. They could not do it as quick as Mr. ******* wanted. The car thus spent the next three months next door at the Body shop getting its finished painting. In May Mr. ******* again came to our shop and was again un happy. He took it out on our Office person. Tell her she didnt know ( **** and that she was stupid and didnt have a clue ) he proceeded into our shop and she was forced to call police.

The next time that Mr. ******* came to the shop was to explain that the motor had an issue. I listened to what he had to say and he explained that the motor was shaking. This was from the different front pully and different rear fly wheel. I spoke with the builder and he said that the motor could still be balanced if the tuner new what he was doing. I told Mr. ******* that this could be handled that it would be ok. He was again very angry and very confrontational

June 2013 Mr. ******* came to our shop. he walked in the front door and flew off the handle at the office person again. Telling her to shut up that she was stupid and that she was F ing him around. Then he came outside into the shop looking for me. I was looking under the hood of a truck. Mr. ******* came up to the side and was yelling. A hockey Players dad for the Allen Americans team was in the office and walked outside. TO see what the commotion was about. At this point Mr. ******* was shaking and threw a punch at me and called me a ***** and that he would kick my ***. I stepped back and asked him to leave. I went into the office and the office personal where already on phone to the police. They did come out and they did enforce Mr. ******* from being allowed back in our property ever.

In the coming day Mr. ******* went on an attack on Face Book with verbal rantings and threats about our company. With threats of bodily harm to myself the owner. We where then forced to contact our Lawyers that looked into it and the police where called again for the threats.
I did call Mr. ******* lawyer who he had not retained and was using as a helping. I did have a long conversation with his lawyer and explained what was going on. He said he was only advising Mr. ******* that he was not retained.

Since that time July of 2013 I have had no contact with Mr. *******. I have only heard from the owners of Auto Solutions Paint and body saying that Mr. ******* was going to sue them for the paint work they did.

Since this time we have taken actions to make our handling better of issue that may come up with customers. We also do not offer any warranty to customizations

I don't accept his response because it is full of lies, FULL! I am so tired of this whole situation and not going to point out every lie he told. We all know a liar cannot keep his story straight.

09/05/2012Problems with Product / Service

Auto Repair & Service, Auto Services, Transmissions - Automobile, Lubricating Service - Automotive, Engines - Rebuild & Exchange, Brake Service, Auto Repairing - Foreign, Auto Electric Service, Auto Air Conditioning, Springs - Automotive - Sales & Service, Shock Absorbers, Heaters - Automotive, Clutches