Reggie's Auto Clinic

08/05/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Reggie is a scam artist. He scammed me out of almost $1000 for replacement of a fuel pump on a 2002 Yukon Denali. After 3 try's he finally corrected the problem. He also charged me for a new fuel pump but instead installed several faulty fuel pumps. He called me the next day... and said the pump that I brought to him, didn't work. He advised me to return it. He said he would purchase a new pump from Oreillys. He called a few days later and said it was fixed & I paid a total $479.00 including labor & picked up my truck.Sept 2012 I brought $112 for Labor to take off the original pump that I purchased.6 months later the pump went out. (2nd pump he purchased, (Jan 2013)I then I paid $85 for Towing + $150 for labor. He said I had a warranty on the part but not his labor. I later found out that the Original Pump tested at OReilly's actually worked fine. You could hear it on & operating normal.He advised me that he was gonna get a refund from O Reillys due to receiving faulty fuel pumps. He never refunded me this amount ($150). He said that he lost his receipt from OReillys.1 week later the "3rd Pump (he bought)" went out again. This time he had it towed to his shop. By this time I contacted GMC & they advised that the switch that comes with the fuel pump is usually the problem. I made him aware & he admitted fault, because he didnt do the job efficiently.I asked him for all my money back. Because the original pump worked fine. His method of installation was the problem. He refused to give me a refund.
Product_Or_Service: Fuel Pump repair

To be totally reimbursed for the inconvenience & time wasted due to his inability to correctly diagnose & repair my vehicle.

On 6/27/2012 *** ******** brought me a vehicle for the customer ****** *******.
She had purchased a fuel pump on-line for me to install. I examined the pump and found it was the wrong pump for her vehicle. I called the customer and told her it was the wrong pump and I can get the right one. She agreed to allow me to purchase the correct pump and put the wrong pump in the trunk of the vehicle.

On 1/9/2013 she complained the truck was not running. I towed the truck over to my shop (no charge for towing to the customer) and the diagnosis was the first pump was faulty. I purchased a second pump for no charge to the customer. I charge her $112.50 labor (which is half price) due to the fact that it had been over 6 mos.

On 1/24/2013 she called and said the truck was doing the same thing. The truck came back to the shop. I purchased a fuel pump from a different auto part store. I informed her that I would reimburse her labor ($150.00) and the pump will be no charge after I file a complaint on the first auto part store.
I was reimbursed the labor from the store. I tried to make contact with ****** but was unsuccessful. I am still willing to reimburse her the labor charge for installation.

I apologize for any inconvenience. I have been in business for 20 years and this is my first BBB complaint.

Auto Repair & Service