BBB Accredited Business since 03/12/2001

Miracle Dent

08/07/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Vehicle dropped off Wednesday. Owner allowed employee to use vehicle for personal use. Employee convicted in DWI wreck that evening in my truck.
My vehicle a 2013 Ford F150 was dropped off Wednesday June 4, 2014 for hail damage repair. On June 5, 2014 I received a phone call from the owner Adam Hernandez who stated that one of his employees, ****** ******* was at the shop late and received an emergency phone call from his daughter who has cancer. This employee got into his office and took my keys to take my truck to get to his daughter. I later found out from the accident report that this employee had no drivers license and was intoxicated. Once I reached access to my vehicle at the police auto pound there were two 24 oz. natural light cans in the cab of my truck open and spilled everywhere. When I confronted the owner Adam about the employee he responded that he never said he was employee and that he was a subcontractor that he works with to detail the vehicles. However this individual does not even have automobile insurance so it cannot be the case that he has a legal contract with this individual. Basically Mr. Hernandez pay ****** ****** cash under the table to wash the vehicle on his lot. This means he gives an individual access to every vehicle in his shop that has no legal business to be there. Additionally Adam Hernandez refused to file a stolen vehicle report leading me to believe he knew the Mr. ****** had my vehicle for his personal use. Also, in the accident report it simply states he was going to pick up a female not mentioning his daughter at all. Mr. Hernandez tried to pay me cash up front to supposedly make up for the inconveniences all of this has caused me of which I refused to accept. Mr. Hernandez has refused to provide his insurance information to my insurance company to make this situation right and I am now paying an additional deductible on top of the hail damage for the wreck that his "employee" caused. From day one of this situation Mr. Hernandez blatantly lied and misled me of the facts and I had to figure them all out on my own. Also he has done nothing to make the situation correct except for offering to fix my truck at his shop. I have no interest of placing my vehicle in his possession and it would crazy for anyone who knew this happened to do the same thing. For his business to be listed with an A+ rating is completely incorrect. This is the worst experience I have ever had when a vehicle repair shop. To conclude our last conversation he verbalized to me that this was all partly my fault as well because I will not allow him to work on my vehicle and removed my fiance's vehicle from his shop that was in the for hail damage repair as well. He does not care about the customer and for some reason sees no fault in what he had done.

Adam Hernandez had my vehicle in his possession. He knowingly turned possession over to his "employee" ****** ****** to use for his own personal use. This is an act of ownership of the vehicle and an act that led to over $10,000 in damages and a permanent devaluation of my truck. Considering his complete negligence in allowing Mr. ****** access to any vehicle in the shop and allowing him to drive my truck with no drivers license for his own personal use, his negligence in failing to report the vehicle stolen, his negligence in trying to pay me cash to make the problem go away, his negligence in not providing his insurance information, and his overall failure to maintain the safety of my vehicle while in his possession, if he is to maintain his current rating he needs to make the situation right and purchase the truck from me at market value of $25,000 and refund the rental car I have had for a month now. I doubt he will agree to this as he had made it clear he is not willing to make it right unless he fixes the truck himself to save himself money and gives it back to me supposedly made right.

I did not grant permission to anyone to use Mr. *********'s vehicle, including ****** ******* Mr.
McCray was not and is not an employee and I never represented him as such. Mr. ****** has his
own autodetailing
business and he washed cars at my shop, on the premises. He did not have access
to the keys of any of the vehicles in my possession. The keys were at all times kept in my office in a
locked cabinet. Mr. ********* makes a lot of assumptions concerning my relationship with Mr.
****** that have no basis in fact. He assumes a lot of things, none of which are true. Mr. ******
broke into my locked office after business hours when I was away and took Mr. *********'s vehicle
without my knowledge or permission. I did not learn about it until Mr. ****** called me after he was
involved in an accident in Mr. *********'s vehicle. Mr. ****** was taken to jail and Mr. *********'s
was towed to the pound from the scene of the accident. While I empathize with Mr. *********, I am
not responsible for the criminal acts of others. Despite the fact that I am not legally responsible for Mr.
********* actions, I paid to get Mr. *********'s vehicle out of impound and paid to have it towed to
the facility of Mr. *********'s choice. I also offered to make the repairs to his vehicle at my expense,
but Mr. ********* refused my offer. I was not legally obligated to do these things. I did them or
offered to do them to try to make things right. While I understand Mr. *********'s frustration,
attempting to extort money from me is not the solution.
I have been in business for 18 years and have never been involved in a situation like this. It is
unfortunate and I feel bad that it happened and that is why I offered the help that I did. I never lied or
misled Mr. ********* in any way. Mr. ****** made some bad decisions that he is ready and willing
to take responsibility for. However, to my knowledge, neither Mr. ********* nor his insurance
company have attempted to reach him.
Mr. ****** is no longer allowed to conduct business on the premises.

Offering to fix my vehicle at his expense is not an option that is making it right. It is absurd to expect me to leave my vehicle In the possession of a shop that it was stolen from by a gentleman that supposedly was never alluded to as an employee or subcontractor. Additionally I am still currently 500 dollars in the red on this particular situation due to paying the deductible on the collision that I did not cause. I still do not understand that if my vehicle was stolen why there was no stolen vehicle report filed. I do not agree with the way this situation was handled at all.

Auto Paintless Dent Repair