Texoma Hyundai

7 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

09/09/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Using the Autotrader Marketplace application. Texoma hyundai purchased vehicle and did not refund my money as quoted by their salesman - Tommy.
Texoma Hyundai has failed to pay me agreed price for my vehicle which was sold to them using the AutoTrader Marketplace. Salesman stated would have money within days and now it is weeks later with only the promise of a check from their Greenville, TX dealership - who quote,"Can not find anyone to sign the check."

I want my 643.86 per the written agreement, I want a public (written or broadcast) apology to myself, my wife and my children for the damages caused from their inability to complete their end of a written agreement.

Thank you for your inquiry. Mr. ****** was fully aware that Texoma Hyundai would not pay him the $643.86 equity he had in his truck until we received the title from his lien holder. The title was received on August 20 and Mr. ****** check was issued on August 21st. He has received the equity payment check as originally promised.

06/06/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Will not return calls, regarding cancellation of GAP policy. I have asked them to cancel 4 times.
I purchased a Hyundai on August 25, 2011 and traded it in on March 28, 2013. At the time of the trade in, I was told my GAP refund would be sent to me in 6 weeks. I did not received. I called the finance manager and he did not return my call. I left another message and he returned my call and said he would look into it and call me back in the morning. He didn't call! I called him today May 27 and he said he couldn't remember details, but transferred me Amber.

I spoken to Amber and she said it hasn't been cancelled yet. I asked her to have the finance manager call me. I still waiting on a call.

Refund of the unused GAP policy

Our business is built on customer satisfaction and it bothers me greatly when we drop the ball. This is exactly what happened in Ms. *******'s case. The Finance Manager that handled her transaction in March failed to properly complete the GAP cancellation form. This is why no one in our accounting office was aware of her issue. I have today reprimanded our Finance Manager and mailed Ms. ******* our company's check for her refund.

Again, I apologize for our mistakes and delay in sending Ms. ******* her past due refund.

Best Regards,
Mark Daniels

01/30/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I feel the company was not truthful in their reports they provide and failed to correct their mistake.
Failure to provide truthfull information on car purchase. On Oct 25, 2012 I went to Texoma Hyundai to purchas a vehicle. I had already received approved financing through another bank and was told that the bank that I chose doesnt give good rates so they switched financial agencies. I had looked at a red Mitsubishi Spyder but they told me that I could not get it for the payments I was needing so they switched me into a older vehicle with higher miles. I advised my sales rep that one of the things I didnt want being that this was my first purchase on my own that I did not want HIGH mileage or a vehicle with wreckage history. I ask if I could get a history check on the vehicle which she said yes and broght to me. The Auto Check that she gave me directly says no wrecks. On January 22, 2013 I was changing insurance agencies and they called and ask me if I could tell them about the wreck I was in.. I advised Safeco Insurance that I have never had a wreck in this vehicle nor any other. I then contacted Texoma Hyundai and advised them of my findings. The General Manager spoke with me and ask me to bring the car in and they will look at it .. during the conversation he said he pulled another form called a car fax and it did indeed show the wreck and that the vehicle had been titled by an individual. I again was told that this vehicle was only used as a rental/ demo car and never really been titled. I took the car to Texoma Hyundai Jaunaury 23, 2013 with my spouse present. Several people looked over the car. I explained to them that I have not had any driving issues with the car other than when you get over 65mph the vehicle shimmies. They put the car up on a rack and looked at it with a flash light. I advised them that I have noticed that the Trunk doent look like it was on straight which they agreed but said was probably manufacture fault. As we were going over the car noticed that the back right wheel was extrememly worn and bald. The other tires looked ok and that my father in law looked at the car and said it looked good... (Looked at the car not inspected) The said that the back tire was probably not aligned and I probably hit a pot hole..as which I advised them I have not hit a pot hole nor anything in the car and I am the primary driver and owner. They kept saying it was something I did.. I took the car to another person to be looked at and said that all the tires are bad but something is definaltly going on on the back right tire. I want the tires replaced and the axels checked at their expense. I purchased a car under the circumstance that it was not wrecked and they are making me out to have caused the damage. The car mechanic that I seen said the tires were all cracked and weather worn and one has a gash on the inside wall. This I feel is unsafe and this should have been checked and the company regardless of what report was pulled should stand behind their car sales and I am left driving a car that needs all 4 tires replaced and needs the axels checked with the tires off to see if there is a bend or something causing the tire to wear incorreclty. We ask that on the back right tire be replaced due to we do not feel it is our fault due to the history of the vehicle. And after having it checked the said all the tires were weather cracked on the inside. Myself not be knowledgeable in automobiles trusted the company when they sold me the car that it did not have any insurance claims for wrecks and now they are showing me diffrent paperwork that it did. I feel they were not truthful with me and the car need to be replaced and axels checked to ensure the safety of myself and my family.

4 New Tires and the axels checked once the tires are removed..

This business has contacted myself and my spouse and has made good on replacing the tire at dealers cost with alignment and balance which both parties have agreed is satisfactory..

Thanks for your assistance.

****** ******

11/21/2012Problems with Product / Service
07/19/2012Advertising / Sales Issues
06/27/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I was promised window tint after sale of 2014 hyundai, Later informed that they dont stand behind their word!
When I purchased a brand new 2014 Hyundai Sonata from salesman dewayne, it was included in deal that the windows would be tinted to my specifications! They had to do a dealer trade on the vehicle and when I received it, the windows had already been tinted to factory specifications! Salesman stated at time of delivery that I could still have my windows tinted to my specifications since that was included in the deal at time of purchase! I proceeded with scheduling an appointment with their preferred window tinting company and when he went to collect for the tint job, Manager Boyd said that he was not paying for the tint due to tint already being on the vehicle! I contacted Boyd and was told that he wasnt going to stand behind his word and pay for the tint like he had agreed on during the sale! I informed him I would place a complaint with the owner, multiple newspaper companies, and the BBB. He said do whatever the "F" I wanted to do. Let me remind you we have bought over 6 cars within the last 5 years from this company and he said that he didnt care about repeat customers and seemed as if he wasnt worried about loosing a loyal customer! He proceeded to hang up on me the first time, and I called back immediately and stated that I didnt think that was Proper exercise for a business professional to hang up on me, he continued to say he wasnt going to pay for anything no matter what, then stated he was going to "warn me that he was going to hang up once again" and hung up on me one more time! I contacted a sister dealer to texoma hyundai and got no response so I went to the dealership and asked to speak to the man in charge at that time! I spoke with a gentleman there that said he would contact me which he did and said that everything had been handled. Texoma Hyundai called and said it had all be cleared up and that the tint guy was there to tint my windows and it would be done that day! Upon delivery, windows had still not been tinted! In my eyes if something as small as window tint cant be done, what else are these guys stealing from people? How many other customers are being told one thing and then when it comes down to it, its a completely different story? Most people wouldnt have taken the extra steps I had to take just to get what they had been sold. Its not an issue of money, its and issue of keeping your word! Im willing to go above and beyond to make sure this isnt happening to every customer! Texoma Hyundai is a sorry company and I will refuse to do business in the future and so will multiple family members and friends of mine that I have informed and still continue to inform of this issue! Very poor customer service!!!

I would like to visit with the owner of the company and to see that Boyd doesnt run a company like this into the ground! Boyd doesnt need to be in a position to cheat people out of what he agreed too! Boyd needs to be wrote up and/or fired for actions like this! A written apology for lack of customer service and any other additions they would like to add due to all of the time and effort it took just to get them to stand behind what they sell!

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Mr. ***'s purchase of his 2014 Hyundai Sonata. Our business is based on customer satisfaction and obviously Mr. *** is not pleased with the way his transaction was handled. Specifically, we DID agree to add aftermarket window tint to his vehicle at the time of his purchase. In his complaint to the BBB he does specify he wanted it tinted "TO HIS SPECIFICATIONS". The problem arose when he demanded that an illegal tint be added. Texoma Hyundai DID add aftermarket tint as specified by Texas law, but he demanded that it be darker. We, as a licensed new car dealer, cannot legally install any tint that restricts the light to less that 30%. Both my Service Manager, and the tint shop we employ declined his request to go darker as it could have resulted in a $2500 fine to each of us if caught, as well as increased liability if Mr *** was ever involved in an accident. **** Young, our Sales Manager, attempted to explain this to Mr ***, who became quite belligerent and yelled and cussed at him, which is the reason Mr Young hung up the phone on him after asking him multiple times to calm down.

In the interest of customer satisfaction, if Mr *** will provide either the dealership or the BBB with a PAID receipt from whomever he found to install his "specified" tint, we will be happy to refund that cost to him.

I apologize for the break down in communications, as well as the manner in which his concerns were addressed, but rest assured we do not EVER participate in anything illegal at Texoma Hyundai.

If you feel it is necessary to listen to **** feel free to do so, although he knew from the point of sale that I was requesting illegal tint and told me that I would have to take my car to the tint guy and have him do it and that texoma hyundai would pay him that way they were not tied to it! It all boils down to **** treating customers with very poor customer service and even after I got an employee from bonham chrysler to contact him, I was directed not to contact **** back due to him being upset that he had to follow through with his word! Texoma hyundai is the sorriest place to buy a car and I will go to any extreme to warn customers from going there! Even after **** refused to put tint on my car I told him that would be ok i would pay for it out of pocket but he was going to have to give me hyundai credit to spend in the service department and he said he wasnt going to give me a "******* thing" and hung up! I never cussed at him until he was cussing at me and I was just returning the favor to him, as you can see he could dish it out but couldnt take it in! I will be contacting hyundai corp and let them know how Texoma Hyundai is representing them and offering very poor service!

10/09/2012Problems with Product / Service