Maaco Collision & Auto Painting

05/31/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I HAVE A 1972 CHEVY HOT ROD SHOWTRUCK, THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO REPAIR THE BODY WORK BEFORE PAINTING AND THEY DID NOT.THEY REFUSE TO FIX IT
I have a 1972 Chevy hot rod show truck that I brought to them to paint and fix the body dings and do some repair work. They did the repair work and painted the truck without fixing the dings. The manager told me to take the vehicle because I had previous work lined up then bring it back and they would take care of it. Well I did and behold the manager I delt with is no longer there and the new manager had no intentions of honoring there word. He told me they would so I had them do a little more work and he said they would take care of it but then he said no. I spent $2559.36 for there best paint work. Athe same time I brought it back my son brought his hot rod in and I guess because they wanted his 3 grand they lied to me. All I want is for them to honor there word. Please help as I have allot of hard earned money tied up in this truck. Not asking for anything free, just what they said they would do.

My settlement is just to fix it the way they said they would in the beginning. Because his body man is on commision he said he would not do it, if he had been hourly he said he would.

Customer brought his 1972 Chevy C10 pickup to our shop to have some repair work accomplished. The original Repair Order which was approved by customer details that we agreed to weld a panel onto the lower portion of bed which also required us to remove and reinstall bed, and also to install some rocker panels that the customer supplied. This is the ONLY repair work that appears on our work order other than painting then wet sanding and buffing the vehicle.

The current manager explained to the customer that while he had no way of knowing what was said to previous manager, what was agreed to be done IN WRITING is what appeared on Repair Order. He also told customer that he would talk to the owner (me) to see if he could work something out. The "dings" in question run pretty much the entire length on both sides of the bed. We estimate the time to repair the bedside properly to be from 15 to 20 hours of labor at $40 per hour (plus the cost to repaint). If this were simply a paint issue, I would agree to handle it at my loss in order to satisfy the customer. Unfortunately, my body technicians are paid on commission and they are not any more fond of working for free than the rest of us.

While I do not believe that the customer is making any intentionally false claims, I also do not believe ANY manager that has worked here in the past would agree to do $600 to $800 worth of work for free. It's obvious that we have had a miscommunication of some sort, but we have done the work that we were contracted to do in writing.

I submitted my answer yesterday, just let me know what the BBB decides. At this point I think he just needs to give me my money back, he is not going to fix it even if he is told to and if he does he wont do it right because he will be crappy about it. If nothing else I have the pleasure of knowing I tried to do something about this guy. Plus maybe his manager will think twice about luring people in to take there money and promising people he will fix things. Thank you

10/22/2012Problems with Product / Service

Auto Bumpers, Guards & Grilles, Auto Seat Covers, Tops & Upholstery, Auto Body Repair & Painting