BBB Accredited Business since 05/13/2013

Sure Shot Collision Repair

Phone: (972) 494-1977Fax: (972) 494-3438

07/22/2015Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I went to sure shot to get my hood painted on my SUV. I was told that I was going to get my fenders blended as well for the quoited price.
I went to sure shot to get my hood painted on my SUV. I was told that I was going to get my frenders blended as well for the quoited price. When I picked up my car I was told that the fender was buffred not blended, I'm sure that was initial told because the guy was braggibg about how he wouldn't let his work go out if it's not right . So I guess , after I had left my truck, he saw the only thing listed on the estimate was painting the hood and not blend the fenders therefore he coulg collect the entire amount for just doing the hood. Well with it not being on the invoice I guess I'm out of luck, a costly mistake on my part. He didn't have any problem taking my money and sending me on my way with the work not being right.

To have my fenders blended as promised.

Contact Name and Title: Alex H*****, GM
Contact Email:*****@sureshotcollision.com
To whom it may concern:
Mr. S******* arrived at Sure Shot Collision Repair shortly after 1 pm on Thursday July 2nd for an estimate to repaint the hood of his 2007 Ford Explorer. After an inspection of the afflicted area of his hood I proceeded to write two estimates for the repair. The first estimate (Est 1 -$315.14) being to repaint only the hood and the second estimate (Est 2 - $525.23) included repainting the hood and charges for blending the fenders. I went into detail of the difference between the two estimates in the effort to make sure that my customer is aware of what he will receive before he receives it. Even giving an example "I'm sure you have seen a car driving down the road that 1 door looks lighter or darker....thats because they did not blend". Explaining further that If he chose the estimate with painting the hood alone that as a courtesy service we "will buff the top sections of the fenders" to brighten and freshen the existing paint in the effort to make a better match between the existing paint on the fenders and the new paint on the hood. After I presented both estimates (Pic 1 & Pic 4) and our thorough discussion, Mr. S******* chose the estimate for repainting ONLY THE HOOD.

Days later he returned with the vehicle to leave it for repair at Sure Shot Collision. Signing the Estimate (Pic 2) to authorize the repainting of the hood. It is on this document that not only did he sign for the repair but he signed again where it is noted "Buff tops of fenders, No Blend"(Pic 3).

He then returned to retrieve his vehicle after completion of the work a few days later. The paintwork on the hood being of utmost standards and looking great, I was certain of his satisfaction. After he inspected the repair to his vehicle he voiced his concern saying "I thought you were blending the fenders?". It was at this time that I attempted to refresh his memory of the at-length conversation and the two estimates presented to him before he left the vehicle for repair.

Though this complaint has absolutely no merit, in the interest of resolving this issue and my desire to have completely satisfied customers I am willing to perform the blend to the fenders for only the difference between the two estimates ($210.09) that were presented to him originally, performing a repaint service to the hood at no additional charge.

I hope this helps to shed light on the situation and see it as necessary for the Better Business Bureau to understand this unwarranted complaint. If for some reason further information is needed, I possess video footage of these interactions and an eye witness at the time of the original estimate and delivery.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

Alex H*****, General Manager of Sure Shot Collision.

Accompanied Items: Est 1, Est 2, Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3 and Pic 4