Reid Auto Group

8 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

06/17/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Unrealistic delay in repairing my vehicle.Excuses, excuses, excuses
I purchased a used Lincoln LS from this dealership mid to late March 2012. After having vehicle for a couple days, I made a complaint regarding the vehicles performance. The steering on the car was abnormally stiff, brakes not tight, and seemed to **** out of gear. The manager told me that this car was fine after they just drove it. I took it back home and tried to deal with it. After a couple weeks, I complained again about the car and this time **** ran a test on it and discovered that my brakes were bad and that my power steering wasnt working. **** even provided a loaner vehicle for this repair. After the repair the brakes did work better, but there was no change in the transmission or steering issues.After a few more days of driving the car I told **** that the car still doesn't run right. After being given the run around, I finally told them that I do not want the car if it isn;t operable. This was in November, and I was told that they wanted to work something out with me so that I could get car repaired. I dropped the car off and **** took it to a shop of their choice. Long story short the shop **** chose ripped us both off and didnt repair my car after having it for 2 plus months. **** finally allowed me to use a loaner car while they correct this issue. To bring matters current, my vehicle has been out of my possession since Nov 2012 and I'm still paying the note for the car but keep getting excuses from **** when asked whats going on with my car. I even asked them if we could swap cars since it appears that my car I purchased will ever be ready and my attempts fell on deaf ears.I just want the car I purchased back in good working condition. My car seemed to be a hunk of junk: transmission is bad and has been rebuild 6 times per ****, my passenger **** window fell down into the door, a piece of the interior lighting fell on my foot while driving, fog light cables have been cut, and steering is still abnormally tight.

either get my car fixed or trade me for something comparable.

We have been continually working with Ms. **** on her repair issues.
On May 9, 2013, we traded her out of the Lincoln and put her into a Nissan Xterra. Ms. **** indicated she was happy with this resolution and at that time agreed to withdraw her complaint as the matter has been resolved.
Please let us know if you need any additional information.

**** Auto Sales

We have been continually working with Ms. **** on her repair issues.
Please let us know if you need any additional information.

**** Auto Sales

11/19/2012Problems with Product / Service
07/16/2012Problems with Product / Service
07/11/2012Problems with Product / Service
08/27/2012Advertising / Sales Issues
08/08/2012Problems with Product / Service
07/28/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Reid Auto failed to refund money due from Auto Warranty Cancellation.
I purchased a 2006 BMW from Reid Auto Group in 2011; in 2013 it was totaled by my insurance after a vehicle accident. Upon being totaled, money was collected from my insurance, as well from the gap and warranty policies that were contracted when the vehicle was purchased w/ Reid Auto on their behalf. Upon further review, and speaking with the agencys from the Auto Warranty policy (Alpha Warranty Services) due to the cancellation of the policy, I was due a refund total of $955.48; portions to be paid from the warranty & Reid Auto. I received a check from Alpha Warranty for $423.07, with the difference of $532.41 to be refunded from the seller Reid Auto to me. Reid Auto whom I've attempted to contact, speaking with the finance manager ******* ******* giving him the information; he had the owner contact me, who stated he would look into the information, I gave him the contact number and name to Alpha Warranty, but since then (6weeks) I haven't heard anything from the Reid Auto owner since his initial contact, in reference to the seller refund of the auto warranty cancellation contract.

I am seeking a refund of $532.41 from the seller, for the auto warranty cancellation.

04/22/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Knowing sold a car with a non-working Air conditioner. Also, it's been 3 months since the car was paid in full, and I still havent received the title
I purchased the car on August 31st 2013 for ~$9000. Part of the contract was that if I paid the car off by December 31st, that they would reduce the price by $1000. I made the last payment on December 13, 2013 and was given a receipt that the car was paid in full. Since then I have not received the title for the car despite weekly calls to Reid Auto. Also, they knowingly sold me a car without a working air conditioner. I know this because when I picked up the license plates a month after purchasing the car I mentioned this to Shonda and she made the comment that when they bought the car at Auction, she had to drive it back to Carrollton with no A/C. I tried to resolve this and was told the only time they could fix the air conditioner was between normal business hours Monday through Thursday. My schedule did not allow this. I purchased the car on a Saturday, and expected them to repair it on a Saturday. My wife uses this car for work and I'd like to sell it and buy a car with a working Air Conditioner since it's going to be hot soon here in Texas. However, I can't sell the car without a title.

I'd like the title to the car as well as a refund for the amount it would cost to get the air conditioner working. I've already spent 100s of dollars trying to get it repaired, and they told me in order to go any further with the repairs it would be at least another $500. I'd rather sell the car and cut my losses at this point, but I can't do that without the title.

Auto & Truck Brokers, Auto Dealers - Used Cars