Dallas and Northeast Texas

Ellis Air Conditioning

Phone: (972) 291-9316Fax: (972) 291-2013

05/16/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Repair Complaint Issue

Complaint: Inspector said I needed "totally blocked coils" cleaned or replaced. Another firm said nothing wrong with the coils but with the ducts as I expected.
I summoned a contractor to my home but a tech was dispatched and ended up telling me firm doesn't employ nor contract with contractors. Prior to the tech's departure, he said my coils were "totally blocked." I didn't believe him because adequate air flow existed in all rooms but two. Part of my in home service/inspection was to check the duct work throughout the attic. Tech said nothing wrong with duct work which I knew was likely wrong as a previous contractor a couple of years ago told me the ducts needed repair or replaced. ****** employee departed when I found out he was not a contractor. I called another firm out and was told there was no need to clean the coils nor replace them that they were in good order. I was told the ducts were in bad condition with holes in various places and needed replaced as I had suspected all along. The tech with ****** quoted just under $800 to clean the coils or to pay around $1800 to get new coils if needed. I felt lied to by the tech who claimed to have installed duct work for many years. Although I have utilized ****** Air Conditioning off-and-on for almost two decades, I will not do so again because of the dishonesty of the tech who came to my home today. I don't know if his dishonesty was self-involked or prompted by management of the firm to do an unnecessary service at a high price.

5-8-2013

We regret that we have an unsatisfied customer. Our company was called out because Mr. ****** had some rooms that were not cooling as good as he would like. We always start at the indoor unit because this is where the airflow begins. Mr. ****** asked our technician if he was a contractor. I think
my technician thought he meant sub-contractor. He replied he was a service technician . Mr. ****** question his experience and seemed to be upset .
We had looked at the indoor coil and discovered it should be cleaned . Mr. ****** seemed upset , we never did finish looking at his system nor did we
Offer him any final solutions .Mr. ****** asked how much to clean or replace the coil and we told him. At that time we felt it was the best interest to just
gather our things and leave the premises, we did not attempt to try and collect any money . I truly apologize to Mr. ****** for any misunderstanding .
****** ****** - Owner of ****** Air Conditioning

Since my report I have spoken to an owner of ****** Air Conditioning. He said that the technician used imprecise wording when telling me that my coils were "totally blocked". The replacement firm that came out replaced all of my ductwork and did end up cleaning the coils which were said to be somewhat dirty but not excessively dirty. The ****** owner said his technician wasn't finished telling me about the analysis but that is not how I felt at the time he spoke to me. In any case, he said the ductwork appeared in "good order" which was not the case. For this reason, I wish to keep the report in place but strike out the part about the coils being "totally blocked" which he did say but if that's not what he meant I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I did tell the ****** owner I would delete the report if the coils were found to be real dirty or "totally blocked", however, since the ****** tech did strongly indicate that the ducts were in fine shape I feel I must leave a report to that effect in place since obviously they were in bad condition but not said to be as such. ****** has served me well in the past. I don't discourage others from using the firm but I do suggest that potential customers ask questions to ensure what is said is what is comprehended when an inspection is being conducted.

12/31/2012Problems with Product / Service