BBB Accredited Business since 04/27/2011

Apex Roofing & Restoration, LLC

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

03/02/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Paid for contracted roof flashing work that was not performed. Did not discover until squirrels found in attic.
Apex installed a new roof last August under contract that also included installing flashing over all areas where squirrels could enter attic. In January I heard noises in the attic and called our pest control company who came out to find squirrels in attic. While here the pest control person found that an approximately 40' area did not have flashing installed and was large enough for squirrels to easily enter. He stated the opening was large enough that he could clearly see our gutters through the opening from the attic. He also could not state with certainty that any portion of the roof had flashing installed. There was also evidence of chewed wiring, which I had repaired.

I then called Apex to have their crew come back to finish the job and was told they would. After a couple of days no one had contacted me so I called again. This went on for over a week until Apex stopped answering my calls and also would not respond to voice-mails that I left. I then contacted the original sales person for Apex who then had the person who answers their calls to contact me. She gave me the cell phone number of the person who does their flashing work. I called him several times before he finally came out to see what material would be needed. After several days I contacted him again and he stated that he was behind on his jobs due to rain but would get back with me to schedule. Over the next couple of weeks I contacted him and was given an excuse each time. More than once he has told me that he would be out and would even give me a day. Each time I stayed home but he never showed up. Once he even told me that they were wrapping up a job and were heading our way. Again he never showed up. I again called the sales person who intervened and told me that he would get us on the schedule. I was told last week that they would be out Friday, so again I stayed home. I emailed the sales person and he said it would be in the afternoon. I later received an email that said they were running behind on a job and would Monday be okay. Knowing that the forecast for Monday was heavy rain I responded by asking for a refund so that I can get someone else to do the job that I paid for six months ago. Eventually I agreed and of course it rained on Monday and they couldn't come out. The sales person emailed me and stated he would let me know Tuesday morning when they would be out. I assumed I was first in line, but Tuesday morning he emailed me and said he was going to contact the work team and get back to me with the time they would be out. I never received another contact from him.

It is obvious to me at this point that I am constantly being pushed to the back of the line since there is no new money involved with my job. My wife and I are tired of noises in the attic along with the possible damage the squirrels may be doing. It is also mating season for squirrels and I need this done before they create a nursery in our attic. I have been very patient with Apex in getting this issue resolved and no longer have confidence that they will complete it as written in the contract. At this point I just want a refund for that portion of the contract paid for flashing.

Refund of the portion of the contract included for flashing installation. I have given them over a month of time to correct, so I no longer want them to promise another "we will be out" date. I need to immediately get someone else out to correct the issue before more damage is done by the squirrels.

We were not contractually obligated to do what he tried to make us do for free. A new roof does not guarantee a squirrel can't get in a house and it is ridiculous to think it would. Regardless, we are fixing his problem cost free.

Apex has issued a refund for the portion of the work indicated in the complaint, so I am now rescinding the complaint.

09/08/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

HAD ROOF REPAIRED FOR LEAK 5 MONTNS AGO. LEAKING AGAIN IN SAME AREA ( CHILDS ROOM ). BEEN OVER A WEEK NOT REPAIRED AND THEY ARE NOT COMMUNICATING WITH
THEY REPAIRED MY ROOF FOR A LEAK 5 MONTHS AGO. IT WAS NOT REPAIRED PROPERLY . IT IS LEAKING IN THE EXACT SAME LOCATION. MY CHILDS ROOMS CEILING IS NOW DAMAGED AND NEEDS REPAIRS ALSO. MY HOPES IN WRITING THIS IS TO GET RESOLUTION. APEX SENT SOMEONE OUT TO INSPECT AND THE TECHNICIAN SAID HE PUT SILICONE ON IT TO HELP KEEP IT FROM LEAKING AND THAT THEY WOULD BE OUT IN A COUPLE OF DAYS TO REMOVE SHINGLES INSPECT FOR WOOD DAMAGE AND REPAIR PROPERLY. HE MENSIONED WOOD DAMAGE BECAUSE HE SAW WHERE WOOD HAS BEEN GETTING WET AND IS NOW NOT LAYING FLAT WHICH HAS MADE THE SHINGLES NOT LAY FLAT. THIS WAS OVER A WEEK AGO AND THEY HAVE NOT CALLED ME AND HAVE NOT COME BACK OUT TO REPAIR. WHEN I CALL I GET A VOICEMAIL AND CANNOT LEAVE A MESSAGE BECAUSE IT IS FULL. I GET THE IMPRESSION IF THIS WAS A 5 OR 6 THOUSAND DOLLAR ROOF JOB THEN I WOULD NOT BE HAVING THIS PROBLEM. EVERY DAY IT RAINS I THINK MY HOUSE IF BEING DAMAGED AND I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO FEEL THIS WAY. I PAID FOR A REPAIR AND I EXPECT JUST THAT. AT A MINIMUM I SHOULD BE GETTING PHONE CALLS FROM THEM TO GET THIS RESOLVED. EVERY CONVERSATION WE HAVE HAD IS FROM ME INITIATING A PHONE CALL. I WILL FOLLOW UP WITH A 3RD PARTY IF THIS DOES NOT GET RESOLVED IN A TIMELY MANNER. I AM HOPING, BY WRITING THIS THAT THIS WILL BE RESOLVED AND I CAN MOVE ON..

FIX MY ROOF ..I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR IT.

Apex repaired leaking roof..

10/15/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The cost of the job was not adjusted correctly.
My chimney had water damage on two sides. Mr. ******* indicated to me that he could not price the job until the siding was removed and the damage was exposed. This was understandable to me. I then asked him to price the job to me in the worst case possible , with both sides being reframed and particle board replaced. His price was $1600.00. I then asked him if this price would be adjusted if the damage was not all the to the top and he agreed. After removing the siding it was clear that only half the work was going to be required . After the lob was complete I received a bill for $1300.00 . The bill should have been half of the original estimate since only half of the work was required or $800.00. His explanation to me was his labor cost would have been the same either way. This makes absolutely no sense.

I feel I am still owed $500.00 since I was only discounted $300.00 for the job.

Mr. ********,

We have received your complaint and want to address in this forum. First, I want to thank you for your business. We understand that you were happy with the quality and timeliness of our work....but had issue with our pricing once the job was complete based on a few factors. Due to issues caused by a previous contractor, we were to remove and replace chimney siding, evaluate the decking and framing underneath, repair what was needed, seal and prevent further moisture damage. Our agreed upon pricing included a worst case scenario with a verbal agreement to reduce cost at the end of the job based on what framing repair and etc. had to be completed. Being that overhead in jobs has a lot do with the cost of labor by day, insurance, and standard overhead, we could have better communicated what
the bottom line overhead was and what the reduction could have been. I understand your wish was to have the job reduced by half but at that rate we would be operating at a loss. I believe our mutual issue is that communication of expectations on pricing reduction based on these factors could have been better outlined and executed. Being that this job was necessary due to a pending real estate transaction and inspection approval, there was little time to complete the project and timing was the most pressing issue. Since this complaint has been filed, we have spoken at length and come to an
amicable solution for all. Customer service is paramount to us and we endeavor to serve all of our customers with excellent results. We are blessed to have your business and thank you very much for a mutual resolution. This is our first complaint in thousands of customers and we will strive to keep it that way.

*************

We came to a mutual agreement but I have not yet been compensated.

We have mailed customer compensation for our mutual agreement. It is our understanding that when the compensation is received this matter will be resolved.

Payment has been received his shoe is resolved

04/23/2015Problems with Product / Service
10/13/2014Problems with Product / Service

Roofing Contractors, Fire & Water Damage Restoration, Window Replacement, Windows, Windows - Installation & Service, Construction & Remodeling Services, Siding Installation, Siding Contractors, Commercial Roofing, Contractor - Insulation, Home Improvements - Additions, Contractors - Gutters, Gutters & Downspouts, Contractors - General