BBB Accredited Business since 10/01/1982

Bill Bradley Plumbing & Heating

01/22/2016Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Bill Bradly failed to provide emergency service as advertised, and request for a refund of fee has been ignored.
On 12/29, my water pressure began failing. I called Bill Bradley at approx. 5:15 pm requesting that they come out on 12/30. He said that they could provide emergency service and I could call back if I needed to do so. Less than 10 minutes after the conversation the water stopped working completely. I called back requesting a tech that night. Upon arrival, he told me that my PRV valve had failed and explained that this neighborhood had high water pressure so we have a valve between the meter and the house. Since he was here, I also inquired about replacing a drain in the guest bath.
Upon inspection, I was told by the tech that the outside repair as a 2 man job that took 3-4 hours. He stated it could not be done that night but assured me that they could get it completed the next morning. We were quoted $844 for the total repairs and was told to pay the $85 that day and the remainder $759 would be due on the next day.
At approx. 9:30 on Wednesday 12/30, I received a call from the company stating that they could not send anyone out due to weather and they would schedule someone to come out on the next day, Thursday 12/31 weather permitting. I told her that we had no running water and we needed this fixed as soon as possible. She stated that Thursday was "the best we can do." At the time of her call, there was a light rain outside which stopped within the hour and it did not rain again until after two pm.
I called around and had two other companies come out to look at the issue, both stated that it had to be a PRV valve. One could not find the valve and the other was able to find the valve and replaced it on that day, 12/30. I called Bill Bradly on 12/31 requesting that they refund the $85 emergency fee that we paid on 12/29 because no emergency service was performed furthermore, they expected me to wait almost 48 hours from my initial call with no running water and a toddler. I was told that they could not do that because it is an expense for them to send out a plumber. I explained to her the following:
1. I had two other companies come out, both of which dispatched plumbers, and neither charged a fee to investigate.
2. The issue was fixed by a licensed plumber on the date Bill Bradly claimed that the emergency service could not be performed due to weather.
Upon asking her to explain their guarantee, she told me that the manager had to make the final call and he wouldn't be in the office until Monday. She took my number and said that he would call me on 1/4/16. I did not get a call. I reached out to them via their website on 1/5 pertaining the issue and I have not heard anything from that inquiry as well.

I am seeking a refund of the emergency fee that was paid in good faith for emergency service that was never received.

Bill Bradley Plumbing & Heating has resolved this issue with the customer. We have satisfied the customer's request, effective January 21, 2016.

I have personally spoken with the customer and expressed our regrets concerning this situation, and assured the customer that future services will be handled in the timely, professional manner our customers have come to expect. The customer was satisfied and receptive to our conversation and we look forward to future opportunities to serve their plumbing, heating and air conditioning needs.

Please contact me if you have any further questions regarding this issue.

***** *****
Operations Manager
Bill Bradley Plumbing & Heating

I received a call from the manager on 1/21. He was very apologetic for the situation and stated that they would refund the emergency fee.

Plumbers, Air Conditioning Repair, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Commercial, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Residential, Heating & Air Conditioning, Plumbing Drains & Sewer Cleaning, Heating Contractors, Heat Pumps