Massage Envy Hoover

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

03/26/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

when initially 'joining' I expressed to the manager I didn't want to participate in a monthly withdrawal program and was assured I could use prepay.
Since ***** was the manager when I joined and I always prepaid..for almost 2 years, I never thought about leaving. Approximately Nov/Dec 2013, the manager changed. ******, who had been the manager at *** ***** location, also now had the ****** location. I saw no reason to leave, they helped me find a new masseuse and things rocked on as usual. Until I inquired about my prepayment which was due and the clerk told me 'no, you can't prepay....and you never have'. I tried repeatedly to reach Lauren. Left messages after every appointment and called in between. To no avail. She called me one time and I was working and couldn't take the call...but when I called her right back, she wasn't available and hasnt been since. I eventually quit trying to reach ****** and asked to have the owner, ****, call me. I was told he didn't return client calls, and I encouraged the front desk to have him call me....no response. To date, I haven't had a callback from either ****** or **** and they are now tryinbg to take money out of my account and have had their 'collections' person call me ...even though I said back in November I wasn't part of a monthly withdrawal and would prepay in February 2014 if I decided to stay a member.

'Membership canceled'. I don't trust this company to do what they say are going to do and as sad as I am to no longer participate, if I feel uncomfortable with manageement moving forward, it is best to sever the relationship. The manager, ******, and owner,****, do not return client calls.....and have tried 2 times to take money out of my account 'unauthorized'...how am I suppossed to believe anything they say at this point?

Our memberships are a paid in full agreement or a term where you agree to pay monthly. ** ******* on her last agreement agreed to a 6 month term and I have attached a copy. She only has 2 hours out of the day she has stated she is available. She has not complete her 6 month agreement and has been called to get updated card information from our front desk manager. She refuses to complete the term she agreed to as you can see below. She stated that we can consider her membership cancelled. ** ******* has responded back to my messages weeks later. I have tried to contact her & she can speak to the front desk manager who has been contacting her but she refuses.

the day i received a call from the same individual i had been leaving messages asking ******, whom i was told on numerous occassions by the ****** and *** **** location was the manager....i explained i was not available because i was at the funeral home making arrangements for a family members funeral. i would welcome the opportunity to speak with ******. i never stipulated 2 hours and gave them numerous dates/times of availability prior to contacting bbb.i expressed in nov/dec i was a month/month member and their payment records will substantiate that fact. if they wanted to change terms, i was not interested in cntinuing and please cancel....and requested****** call me. i am still awaiting resolution.

06/07/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I moved to a different country where massage envy is not available. I am having a hard time cancelling the contract and my account keeps getting
billed despite non usage of facility and services for over a year.

Please cancel membership

We have cancelled this membership immediately upon receiving the request from the client. We are more than happy work with our guests to end the membership since the client is unable to use them. Thank You.

07/16/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Cannot cancel contract and use credits accumulated.
I tried to gift my family with some of the 18 massages that I have accrued in my account that I have been unable to use due to the current nature of my contract work. Even though Massage Envy is a national chain, contract changes or cancellations can only be made at the ORIGINATING location. I have been working in ******* ** for the last 12 months and my schedule has not allowed for massages.

I went to the originating location and asked if I could give them to my family members. They said I could give one massage as a gift with a $10 or $11 transfer fee once each six months. I asked if I was also told that if I were to cancel to stop accumulating additional massage service, I would only have 30 days to use everything in my account.

I asked to speak to the manager as my contract was in a storage facility and I could not get to it. They looked for a copy, but could not produce one as they had reorganized their records and it was not there at the time. The front office person said they would give the manager my number and have her contact me about using up the massage credits.

I did not hear from her after several weeks and went to to the location in person a second time. Again the manager was not there and this time they would take my number and make sure that she contacted me. If she has contacted me, I did not get the message and as of this time have not heard from her. This has been about 2 months since the initial inquiry.

I have not canceled the contract, as I cannot use the nearly $1200 in paid services that I have not used within a 30 day time frame. These will go to waste. This seems to be nearly fraudulent business practice that I cannot use or give away (even if we pay the scandalous transfer fee)within a 30 day time frame. The worst of it is that I have gone to the location in person twice as the policy states you must negotiate with the contract originating agency and not been able to speak to anyone or get a call back to resolve the matter.

As of this date, I am continuing to honor my contract....it was a 12 month contract that auto renewed, and making the monthly payments. I do believe that a consumer should be entitled to the services for which they pay. I have been fair in making my payments, and I would expect fair treatment back from the vendor. I would expect that I be given the opportunity to give these accumulated services to family or friends to be used more ofter that once every 6 months and I that I could be given an extension on the d 30 day policy so that I would have an opportunity to use them in a realistic timeframe. I would also like a return call from the manager as I have personally gone to the location twice without reply.

If these are not acceptable, they can simply provide me a full refund for the services that I have not been able to use due to the change in my work circumstances and location.

I would like to be able to give the accumulated services to my family members to be used as frequently as desired to use the credits. I would also like an extension on the 30 day usage policy if I cancelled, to allow me to use the accumulated credits. Or I would be happy for a full refund for the services never rendered. Thank you.

Massage Therapists, Health & Wellness