BBB Accredited Business since 11/07/2013

University Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of Anniston

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

03/26/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Sales personnel and dealership has not honored the promised free 12 month subscription to Sirus satellite radio with the purchase of my vehicle.
On 2-21-2015, I purchased a 2014 Dodge Challenger RT. As part of the purchase agreement, the sales associate **** promised that the vehicle would come with a free 12 month subscription to Sirus satellite radio. Moreover, the sales manager Reed Turner agreed to honor this agreement. As requested by the dealership and sales team, my husband returned the vehicle on 2-23-2015 to have the ***** satellite radio subscrition activated. However, the sales team and dealership only activated a 4 month subscription; and when my husband questioned this, he was told that they (dealership/ sale manager)had submitted a purchase order to pay for the remainder of the 12 month subscription owned to us. The total ($102.00)of the purchase order submitted was written down on a document and handed to my husband. My husband was then told that he would be notified when this was completed and would not have to come back into the dealership. Nevertheless, two weeks went by and we never received a confirmation. Then on 3-10-2015, my husband called the sales manager Reed Turner and left him a voice mail concerning the matter. After no return call on 3-10-2015, my husband called back again on the 3-11-2015 and left another voice mail for Reed Turner, in which he received a call back by Reed Turner. On the return call, Reed told my husband that he would get with the sales assoicate again to have the purchase order (the one that was to have already been completed on 2-23-2015)submitted for the rest of the 12 month Sirus subscription that was promised and agreed to by the dealership. However, after one month, the dealership and sales team has still not honored this agreement which was promised to be provided with the purchase of the vehicle on 2-21-2015. Unfortunately, after several calls and several visits, my husband and I have not been able to get any resolution in the matter and had to turn to reporting this practice to the BBB.

The settlement I seek is for the dealership to immediatley honor the agrement that was made at the time of purchase and listed on the document provided to me by the dealer, and to provide documentation that the remainder of the ***** satellite radio subscription has been purchased and activated under my name and vehicle.

We contacted customer today and we will honor the satellite radio situation.

consumer received desired resolution.

03/09/2015Problems with Product / Service
07/15/2014Advertising / Sales Issues
06/03/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Multiple trips for repairs that were reported on initial visit and additional damage to front bumper of vehicle
On Wednesday, April 23rd my husband took our vehicle to ************** dealership for repairs. The repairs needed described to technician were:
1 - Windshield wiper water reserve was not holding fluids
2 - Front passenger side panel on seat had come loose and was barely hanging on
3 - Passenger speaker on right side had visible tape on inside of speaker that was there when purchased
4 - Rear speakers did not work - technician was unsure if these were for looks only or if they were supposed to work, but would check.
5 - Oil Change

Technician recommended 30K mile service was needed. Husband okay'd transmission flush

On April 24th, Thomas from the dealership called to let me know our vehicle was ready to be picked up and that a part was ordered for the windshield wiper reserve and was ordered.

April 25th, my husband picked up the vehicle. Transmission flush and oil change was completed for $200 (estimated) and that was paid for. When looking at what was fixed he noticed the front passenger seat issue had not been fixed. Technician said that would be repaired when other part came in for wiper fluid. All other issues were fixed.

Upon arriving at home my husband noticed the front bumper had been scrached approximately 5 inches on each side and the paint was gone. I called the Dodge dealership back and spoke with ****/Manager. I explained frustration about half of the work being done and the scratches that were not there prior to taking it to their dealership for repairs. He asked that I bring our vehicle in Monday, April 28th.

On Monday, April 28th we went back to the dealership. **** was not available to talk to us and the Service Manager was not available. Thomas looked at the scratches and said the service manager would have to approve repair. He also said the part for the windshield reserve was in and the other part as well. He asked that we bring our vehicle in the following day to have all fixed and the vehicle would need to be kept a few days to fix the paint job as well.

We took the car back on Tuesday, April 29th. On May 1st******** called to let me know the front right passenger seat had been repaired and the car was ready for pick up. He said he had bad news that the scratch repair was not approved by his service manager because the technician that had performed the work had verified the scratches were not made by him.

I called back and asked to speak with ***********/Service Manager. ***** listened to my complaint. He indicated that he has a paint person that comes by on Tuesdays that he will check with to see what can be done.

Today, May 5th, I recieved a call from*******. ****** called to ask me to bring my car by so that the front passenger seat can be fixed. The part they had was broken and another one had to be ordered. This is the same repair that was previously told to us that was completed, we had no idea it really wasn't fixed correctly. THIS WAS THE 2ND TIME WE WERE TOLD ALL WAS FIXED AND IT WAS NOT.

I am asking for your assistance in resolving the outstanding damage to my vehicle. I have no faith in Dodge that the right thing will be done and this be repaired. The entire experience has been clustered with misleading information and outright false statements to us multiple times by telling us all issues are repaired.

I only want what is not working fixed and the damage done to my front bumper repaired.

On Saturday, May 17th, Ms. ***** brought her vehicle to University Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Anniston and ******* ***** met with her. ******* took care of all of Ms. ***** complaints and concerns. As of this day, all issues have been resolved, all repairs have been made and Ms. ***** is a happy customer.

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Dealers - Used Cars