Easy Rental Connection

06/07/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I paid for a service through this company, they didn't provide it, cancelled the contract before the termination date (90 days) and refused a refund
On April 8th, I spoke with a ***** ****** regarding their rental find agency. He sold me a 90 day agreement, for which I paid $42 for his company to find an apartment for my son who was coming to Alabama for a summer internship. I explained to Mr. ****** that he would need a studio or 1 ** unit, furnished near the office where he would be interning for less than $700/mo., and for the 10 weeks he would be in town. He assured me he would be able to help and said there should be no problem with finding a unit. On April 9th, I received an email from a ******** ****** that included a list of apartments and her phone number. That was the last I heard from either one of them. Most of the listings given to me were well outside of the requested area and none did short-term leases or provided furnished units. I started calling both parties back the week of April 23rd to discuss the fact that the listings were not appropriate and to see if they could find more appropriate listings, and if they could not, then to refund the fee I paid. I didn't hear back from anyone, despite calling several times and sending a couple of emails. Today I received a call from an anonymous female who said they wouldn't be able to keep my file open and inquired if I had found a place. I told them I had but not because of them. Because of their lack of effort, I had to do everything I didn't want to do, which was to call, go online and seek out living accommodations for my son. Today, when I spoke to the nameless female, she was rude and said they didn't offer refunds and hung up on me twice. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said "OK" and then hung up on me again

All I want is a refund of the $42 that I spent thinking they would provide me a service that they didn't

Business' Initial Response /* (1000, 9, *********** */
We have located Ms. ****'a son'a file. We did generate a list for her son and per our agreement with our clients once they receive the list we do not issue refunds(see below). The charge for our 90 day service is $75.00 not $42.00. ***** ****** and ******** ****** are no longer employed by Easy
Rental Connection. Because this transaction occurred over the telephone and we do not have a signed agreement we will be sending Mrs. **** a partial refund of $21.00 prior to July 1, 2013.

Easy Rental Connection ***** does not own and has not inspected any of the properties on our database, and therefore *** is not responsible for the condition of any listed property. Once a list has been generated *** will update the list for 90 days. Once a list has been delivered to the Client no refunds will be permitted. **********************
days if you have any questions please ask for assistance from one of our Consultants.

I accept the offer by *** and appreciate their effort to resolve this matter. Thank you.

09/15/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Company will not honor what is promises to do. Company will not give a refund even when they are fraudulent in their practice.
On Thursday Aug. 7, 2014 around 3:30, I met with ******** **** to discuss arrangements for their business to locate me a 3bedroom 2 bath home. He met me at the steps and we walked in, he sat me with a lady named *********. She in turn let me know their policy and asked me did I have an eviction on my record, if so the price wouldn't be $75 but $99. I gave her $100 and she went to the back and brought me a dollar back. She then began asking me the area I was looking for, she wrote it down and she asked for my email address. She went to the back and came back with a listing that did not have what I was asking for. She informed me that she will get a new listing out to me by the close of the day but in the meanwhile to look at a house in ******* call her if I was interested in the house. I did not receive a new listing and no phone call from anyone about the house in ******* I was contacting ******** **** and he was telling me that he was going to handle it, but nothing came about it. One day I received a call from a worker named ***** who assured me that he was contacting customer service with my file and they was sending me a updated listing by the end of the day and if I don't get it to call back. I called back and the number just rung and rung with no answer or answering machine. On Friday August 15th ******** **** texted me to call him at the office and he gave me an address to a place in ******** saying that it was for rent. When I get there the house was not for rent and someone was living there. So I called him right then and he said that no one was in the office and that he will mention it in their meeting on Saturday at ****** ******* Today I called to speak with ********* or ***** and the person who answered the phone said that they were not in. I told him what I wanted and he was rude and nasty and said that he will email me a listing out today. All I want is my money back because I have waited on a service that they clearly did not provide for me. I still have the copy of the contract that ********* wrote up for me and the first and only wrong listing that was generated. This business should not exist if they are not going to honor their own policy and promises.

The settlement that I am seeking is a FULL refund of my $99 because of the unprofessional-ism that they display and the fraudulent business practice.

ERC has contacted ** ***** and have agreed to send her updated listings and to call Landlords as requested.

I have sent her a new ;ist today and will continue to provice assistance to her as she needs to ind her new home.

******* *******