Do you or your children need a good used car? Is it stressing you to look for a used car? Buy with confidence by considering the following tips:
- Think about how long you will keep the car, what color, size, and features you want. And, of course, what you can afford.
- Talk to people who have a car like you are considering buying. What do they like or dislike about the car?
- Talk with your bank or credit union about their terms for a used auto loan.
- Use resources about used cars, such as Edmunds’s Used Cars Prices and Ratings (www.edmunds.com), Consumer Reports, Monthly Kelly Blue Book (www.kbb.com).
- Check out the dealer’s reputation at the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org).
- Ask the dealer for the CARFAX on the vehicle and/or how you can contact the previous owner.
- Check with banks and credit unions for repossessed cars to pay off defaulted loans.
- If you buy from a private owner, ask for the car’s maintenance and repair records. Check the title to make sure the seller is the legal owner.
Read more: http://southerncolorado.bbb.org/post/buying-a-used-car-10643