To protect your privacy and personal identity information, your Social
Security Number (SSN) is being replaced with a DoD ID Number on
all ID cards.
ID Card Changes:
- As of June 2011, SSNs will no longer be printed on any new ID card.
- SSN removal will occur in three phases.
- Your new ID card will have a DoD ID Number in place of your SSN.
- Your DoD ID Number will be used as the Geneva Conventions serial number.
- If you are eligible for DoD benefits, there will also be a DoD Benefits Number printed on your new ID card.
For FAQs and more information on the new cards, please view this PDF