Concord, NH

BBB Accredited Business since 09/05/2013

Swimming Pool Center of Hampstead, LLC

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

04/21/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Bought a hot tub that was defective in July 2013. Have had probems and it has been fixed several times. It still is not working.
Bought beginning of July, arrived to house on approximately July 8th. began having problems less than 3 weeks later. Called the company to let them know it wasn't working. They said a rep to repair would be out. 2 weeks later I called and they said that they had been out to my house and they fixed it. It still did not work and I had no paperwork stating the repairs. Four weeks later they mailed a receipt per my request. I again wanted to have the hot tub replaced because it continuously ran, and the temperature was too hot. And quite frankly I don't believe they came to my house the first time because I have a fenced in yard that the gate is always locked, the hot tub is in that area that is locked. I sent a complaint to Wells Fargo, the credit card company in which I purchased the hot tub and they stated they were unable to assist due to the "client"(pool center) stated "customer is unwilling to allow the client to service the damaged/defective merchandise." The pool center has been twice since then. The service rep stated he could smell burning wire and the "mother board" needed to be replaced. After it was replaced the thermostat was corrected but it continued to run constantly. It actually cost me $120 more in electricity than it cost to run my entire house in one month. The hot tub has been in service for a total of 1 1/2 months since I bought it d/t it not working properly. I paid $2825.00 for the Grey 4 person dream maker spa x400.

I just want the defective hot tub removed and a refund. I don't want a replacement because I no longer trust this company or the product.

On 6/18/2013 ******* put $500.00 on an x-400 Dream Maker Spa and put it on Lay-away.
On 7/10/2013, She Financed the Balance of $2325.00 with Wells Fargo through us.
We Delivered the Tub on 7/17/2013. On 8/7/13, we received a call saying that one Jet
was not working in the Spa and that the waterfall lid was blowing off when running.
On 8/10/13, we sent out a service tech to check out the problems and we found
that one jet had been closed thus not allowing any water to the jet and the water fall
valve was opened up too much thus allowing too much force to the cover. The rest of
the Spa was checked and working properly. On 8/22/13 , we received another call
stating that the Motor was loud and she wanted a complete refund. We offered to Service
and repair the Tub under Warranty and She refused our offer. We told her there is nothing I
can do if she does not want the service call.
On or around 9/5/2013, My Store Manager talked to ******* and explained Dream Makers
Return Policy. ******* proceeded to contact Wells Fargo and Dream Maker herself. In early
October, We received a call for Service to Repair the Hot Tub under Warranty. We serviced the
Tub on 10/26. We replaced the Mother Control board in the Hot Tub at no cost to her and
Checked out the tub for any other possible problem. The Tub checked out OK, all running well.
After the Entire Winter has gone by, we received this Complaint as well as a court hearing on
this matter. We have backed up the service for parts and labor under the Warranty and we feel
that there is nothing wrong with this Tub.

*** ********

President Swimming Pool Center

The tub has been shut off after found that it was still not working properly. I did wait a month before writing because I wanted to see what my electric bill would be before filing. So yes I did wait over a month before filing. The company states that I refused to have work done on the hot tub. This not true. The service repair man supposedly came and entered my locked back gate while I was not home and "checked" my hot tub. I did not receive any paperwork stating he came or phone call. I did state on the phone that I wanted to be at my house when he came, but the service rep wanted to come on a Saturday when I was working. I told him No and that I wanted to be at the house when he came to look at it. That was the refusal that I had stated. I expressed to him that I wanted to be there when he came. I also stated that I did not want anyone at my house when I was not there, because I had my house broken into. He was persistent so I asked to speak to his superior, which he said he was the Boss. I was unable to speak to anyone else. That was when I wrote to the credit card company for help. They once again said I was "refusing," which unfortunately seems to work for their company. I am a single woman, and I do feel if I had a significant other that could have handled this, I would not be writing this letter.

****** We serviced the Hot Tub on 10/26/2013 under Warranty after she accepted our Service. We did not hear from her at all throughout the Winter that the Hot Tub was not working Properly. We Received this Complaint on 03/06/2014. If there was an Issue with the Hot Tub from October 26,2013 to March 6th,2014, She would have called to address any Issues. We cannot Repair something under Warranty if we are not notified of the Problem. Thanks ***

09/15/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

After our brand new pool was installed we have had numerous repairs some repairs will compromise the integrity of the pool in years to come / rust etc
Before/During/and After the installation of our pool we were met with confusion on price who was selling it to us , attitude from staff , dent in pool wall , skimmer plate crack which has caused rust on pool wall, rocks protruding thru pool floor,Ball peen hammer used on floor of pool for rocks, Heater leaking, gas valve shut off and was told I shut it off , we would have to drain pool to repair the dent in the wall which would result in water expense and loss of use for the summer season, pool pump broke needed to be replaced , now I have protective caps breaking .I was told by service person that the pool must be a Lemon .The conversation with the owner consisted of the skimmer crack was an illusion the rust is iron in water ( service personal check pool water at last visit and said it was perfect) The owner told me he doesn't want to keep hearing about these problems .after numerous repairs done on this pool I feel this pool will not make it 22 years like my previous pool .....This pool no longer looks or feels brand new.we feel we should be compensated

we would like to be compensated for the aggravation that we have gone thru and for a pool that is no longer looks new

The Pool was sold by us and installed by us, Swimming Pool Center. The Pool is almost 4 months old. Since the pool was installed, we have responded to every call from the ***********'s. The Pool Skimmer had a cracked cover Plate, we replaced it. They complained about roughness in the Pool bottom, we fixed it. The Pool wall has a crease in it, we said we would fix that under warranty in the fall as not to disturb this summer's pool use. The Pool Pump was replaced under Warranty after the motor had failed. The Pool Plumbing had a small leak after months of running. We repaired it. The ***********'s have complained about the wall rusting around the skimmer. Our service crew checked it out and said the skimmer is not leaking and the wall is fine. The white gasket shows signs of rust from iron in the water, not the wall rusting. We have given the ***********'s instant service every time they have called. We warranty our installation as well as the products we do not manufacture such as the pool pump and filter. The integrity and looks of this pool is fine as they continue to use the pool every day and have for almost 4 months. These warranted issues have not cost the ***********'s one dime, therefore there is no compensation to be given.

I do not except the response from the company.The wall of the pool has rust due to the cracked skimmer.The first time we complained about this problem the owner said it was an illusion when his worker told him yes the skimmer was cracked he then changed his story saying oh I just checked the outside.The owner then said the stain was from iron, we had the water tested by his worker when he was at the house fixing another problem..there was no Iron in the water.The other issue he refers to that it did'nt cost us a dime, well it did with numerous days out of work from these problems due to instalation

03/18/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

A pool cover with a 5 year warranty has 2 issues. I called 3 times over the past 7 weeks and left messages and didn't even get the courtesy of a call.
on 10/21/2011, I purchased and had them install a Loop Loc pool cover that I was told before the purchase that it had a 5 year warranty. When I went to put it on this year, a support that they installed came loose and a spring assembly on the cover broke apart. I called 3 times over the past 7 weeks leaving a detailed message and not once did I even get a call back. I travel for work a great deal but said on all of my messages that they can talk to my wife. I appears to me that they have no intentions of honoring the warranty that they said it had when they were trying to make the sale.

Replace or repair the 2 broken parts.

I am Writing this Response in regards to the Case Number above. I am not aware that there is an issue or that this issue has not been address properly. I looked into my records and only found one transaction with this customer. We sold ***** ******* a Winter Safety Cover on 08/30/2011 which we took a 50% Deposit of $850.00 to order the Cover. On 10/15/2011, we Installed the Cover and collected the Balance of $850.00

We Received a call from ***** ******* on 05/15/2012 stating that there was a tear in the Cover. I scheduled a call to his Home within 2-3 Days. I met with *****'s Wife to address the issue. The Pool Cover was not on the Pool but rolled up in its storage bag in the shed. She showed me the tear in the cover as the cover was folded with the tear on the top and exposed. What I seen was that the Cover was not torn but the Protective Heavy Vinyl used to protect the cover on the outside corners of the Pool step unit was torn. I explained to the Homeowner that this vinyl was added to the cover by the manufacturer per my request to protect the cover. With all Pools that have sharp outside corners, Manufactures will sew in this Heavy Vinyl to protect the cover. I explained to the Homeowner that her Pool Coping and Steps when installed were not interfaced correctly and that her corners are sharp.

Mrs ******* seen that the cover was not torn and understood that she does need to protect the Cover from these Corners as the Pool was not installed correctly and there is no changing the coping and **** interface once the Pool is installed.

After the Meeting with Mrs ******* on or about 05/15/2012, I have not been contacted or aware of that there was any issues left unresolved.

Swimming Pool Center of Hampstead

Did Mr ******* register with Loop-Loc within the 30 day period regarding the warranty? All warranty claims need to be addressed to Loop-Loc as stated in the Packet Info that came with the cover. Loop-Loc will make the determination as to whether this cover is covered under its warranty program.

I will make a claim with LoopLoc on the spring, but installation issues are not their responsibility. I'm I believe that the mounting anchor is the responsibility. Again, I was told that any issues would be covered by the 5 year warranty. So this sounds to me that they're not willing to warranty their work even though they lead me to believe THEY would stand behind it.

Are we talking about a SS Spring issue or a tear in the cover's vinyl protection? This is the first that I am hearing about broken Hardware.The Loop-Loc cover has a 15 yr pro-rated Warranty backed by Loop-Loc and not a 5 yr. The Installation by us has a 1 yr Warranty. If there is issues with the Hardware on this cover, We will go out and rectify the problem. When I went to *****'s home and looked at the cover, Mrs ******* said nothing in regards to broken hardware as the cover was in the storage bag.When ***** recieves the hardware from Loop-Loc, Let me know and we will install the hardware on the cover. Thanks ***

Ok, I called 3 times over 7 weeks and left a detailed message about the spring and the hardware. Also, in the original complaint it states that "When I went to put it on this year, a support that they installed came loose". The support is the hardware so I'm not sure how they are saying this is the first they heard about it, but it sounds like they're not willing to do anything even though I was clearly told there was a 5 year warranty by the first person I talked to there before I even purchased it, which was the reason I wanted to go with them after they were willing to match a price from someone else. Second, now that they brought it up, the tear in the protective that was seen by them on 5/15/2012 (7 months after their purchase , as stated in their reply on 12/5/2013 where they state
"I suggested that before installing the Cover each Yr that they pad the corners with a heavy foam to protect the cover.

Should have been covered by them as they installed it and they were the ones that didn't pad the corners with a heavy foam to protect the cover which from their response, was the reason for the tear. I guess I have no choice but to say this is just an unsatisfactory resolution since they're not willing to do anything.

In My Last Response, I stated that I would go out and Rectify the Problem with the Spring and or Anchor that ***** is complaining about. He then Responds saying that I am not willing to do anything and He does not accept my Resolution. If ***** does not accept this Resolution, I cannot help him if He does not allow me to address the so called Problem.

I will accept the resolution to fix the hardware. Reading back they are saying 1)"Mrs ******* seen that the cover was not torn and understood that she does need to protect the Cover from these Corners as the Pool was not installed correctly and there is no changing the coping and step interface once the Pool is installed.". 2) That the "The Loop-Loc cover has a 15 yr pro-rated Warranty backed by Loop-Loc and not a 5 yr. The Installation by us has a 1 yr Warranty. ". What I get for this is there was a 1 year warranty on the installation and "What I seen was that the Cover was not torn but the Protective Heavy Vinyl used to protect the cover on the outside corners of the Pool step unit was torn. ". So the way I see it is because the tear in the protective vinyl was torn because of the installation that THEY did, then it should have been covered by their 1 year warranty and we should not have just been told they "suggested that before installing the Cover each Yr that they pad the corners with a heavy foam to protect the cover." I would like a date from them to come out and fix the issues that I have (re-install the hardware and fix the tear in the protective vinyl that they should have done in May of 2012 from what they're are stating here). Keeping in mind that it is under almost a foot of snow as of today (2/24/2014), I would suggest a date mid May. I would like to keep this case open until that resolution is completed.

***** ***** with BBB spoke with *** at the business he stated that the owner is currently out of the country on vacation, however, the business plans to call the consumer and schedule a date to correct concerns prior to May 1st.

I have no problem fixing the Hardware on the cover in May. The Protective Vinyl on the cover did what it was supposed to do to protect the cover from tearing. I did my job by having the vinyl sewed in at the rough corners versus doing nothing. This is not an installation issue. The person that did not install the stairs and coping correctly is where the issues are. Seeing that we cannot change the step or coping, the foaming of the step is the final solution.

Just to be clear, it's the mounting anchor that they are willing to fix, correct?

Swimming Pool Sales, Spas & Hot Tubs-Service & Repair, Spas & Hot Tubs - Dealers, Swimming Pool Equipment & Supplies