BBB Accredited Business since 08/24/2005

DeFrancesco's Southern NH Quality Roofing & General Contracting, LLC

12/08/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

1) Prior to our house being re-roofed, there was a discussion about trimming back the bushes on the side of the house to access the garage roof which we agreed to. One tree was to be removed completely. In the contract, it is stated that no damage will be done to landscaping. In actuality, a large fully grown bush was also removed (not trimmed) without any further discussion (phone calls) to us. When we attempted to contact ***** about this, he told us that we were in the wrong and that his crew did what they had been told to do. We disagree. We asked him to at least remove the stump (in addition to the tree stump) so that we could re-plant. We asked to meet him at our home. He did not and did not return any subsequent phone calls. 2) We also had a few discussions about the fan on our roof. It was supposed to be removed but because there was some difficult wiring present, it was left in place. Once again, a phone call could have rectified the situation. We could have come home and disconnected the wire and the fan could have been removed or we could have at least been contacted about the problem.Our issue with ***** is with his customer service, not his roofing skills. He was rude to us in our discussions after the job was done. Apparently his customers are not always right. The whole situation could have been much nicer if we were more involved in any problems that arose. We are a phone call away. Good customer service goes a long way towards customer happiness. It seemed like the job had a time limit and he was very eager to make sure that we were there before 5pm on the last day so he could pick up the check because he "had to get the money to the bank". We paid him for a good roofing job but we are unhappy with his lack of customer service.

We would like an apology for his lack of follow up with us. He took our money and never responded to our phone calls. We would like him to remove the two stumps left on the side of the house.

Hello ********. I came across my file for this project and would like to explain to you what transpired on this job. I originally met with the husband on this job and he asked me how much it would cost to remove some bushes and a overgrown tree that had grown up the side of his garage. I explained to him we normally do not remove trees or landscape. He said it would be a huge favor and would help me get the job. So I told him that we would cut them down but that we don't remove stumps or the brush debris. He said that would be fine and just go ahead and cut down all of the ones on this side of the garage. He did However make a comment that his wife wanted to keep the bushes but he wanted me to remove them and he would explain it to her later. The husband was the only person I delt with on this project. And as for the electric fan. I told the husband that I could remove it when we did the roof as long as he had it disconnected by an electrician before we did the roof and he agreed. When the day came to finish the section with the fan my Forman contacted me and told me it was still connected. So I called the husband on his cell phone and he explained to me that he hadn't got around to finding someone to disconnect the fan. And gave me instructions to leave it in. And he would get someone to disconnect it. I told him that I would be glad to come back when he let me know when he was ready. Now after the job was complete around a week or so I got a call from his wife and she said she didn't know why we cut down a particular shrub beside her garage. When I explained to her that her husband told me to remove all the shrubs beside the Garage. I heard her say to her husband " did you tell these men to cut down the shrubs" . He denied telling me to do it. So I apologized to her for the miss understanding but did what her husband asked me to do. And we didn't even charge to remove them. And normally to hire a landscape company it would have cost them hundreds of dollars to do what he asked us to do. So after I told her that we don't have the equipment to even remove stumps and roots she got angry and hung up on me. And I haven't heard from them since then. Now if there is something that I can do to make them satisfied I will certainly do my best. Please let me know.

Roofing Contractors, Siding and Window Contractors, Metal Roofing, Home Repair & Maintenance, Siding Contractors, Contractors-General