BBB Accredited Business since
Phone: (706) 563-5555 Fax: (706) 563-6370 5454 Miller Rd, Columbus, GA 31909
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This company offers tire sales and service and mechanical repairs.
Request a Quote
A BBB Accredited Business since
BBB has determined that Tires First, Inc. meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that raised the rating for Tires First, Inc. include:
- Length of time business has been operating
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size
- Response to 3 complaint(s) filed against business
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||3|
|Total Closed Complaints||3|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0|
Type of Entity
Business ManagementMr. Mark Morrison, President
Tire Dealers Auto Repair & Service Tire Retread & Repair Auto Parts & Supplies - New
Products & Services
Tires First, Inc. offers the following product(s): Auto Parts & Supplies, Auto Repair, Tires
5454 Miller Rd
Columbus, GA 31909 Directions
What is a BBB Business Review?
We offer free reviews on businesses that include background, licensing, consumer experience and other information such as governmental actions that is known to BBB. These reviews are provided for businesses that are BBB accredited and also for businesses that are not BBB accredited.
About BBB Business Review Content & Services:
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content & services in BBB Business Reviews.
The additional content & services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release.
Not all enhanced content & services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the business within two business days. The business will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the business's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known government actions that are relevant to the business's marketplace dealings with the public.
BBB Reporting Policy
As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.
BBB Business Reviews are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information in this BBB Business Review is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy.
BBB Business Reviews generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Business Reviews are subject to change at any time.
Complaint Trends - Last 3 Years
Customer Review Trends
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview
BBB Customer Reviews Rating represents the customers opinions of the business. The Customer Review Rating is based on the number of positive, neutral and negative customer reviews posted that are calculated to produce a score.
|Customer Review Experience||Value|
|Positive Review||5 points per review|
|Neutral Review||3 points per review|
|Negative Review||1 point per review|
BBB letter grades represent the BBB's opinion of the business. The BBB grade is based on BBB file information about the business. In some cases, a business' grade may be lowered if the BBB does not have sufficient information about the business despite BBB requests for that information from the business.
BBB Letter Grade Scale
Star Rating scale
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating is not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and BBB recommends that consumers consider a business' BBB Rating and Customer Review Rating in addition to all other available information about the business. If the BBB Rating is NR then only Customer Reviews are used for the Star Rating.
Problems with Product/Service
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: I purchased two tires for $172.30 on 8/19/2013 and was guaranteed that they would be good for up to a year or 50,000 miles. As of 12/10/2013 they are worn bald, and deemed necessary of replacement. They said they will not replace the tires. As of that note, we had also had a rear right tire put on the same day, they told me that the brakes were dangerous to drive; leaking brake fluid as well as needing new rear calipers and all four rotors: brake pads front and back. I then took the car to another automotive shop, and was told my rotors were fine and that they had never heard of the brand of tire that Tires First had used on my car. I do need front and rear brake pads as well as rear adjustments. The amount Tires First gave me on their estimate of what they told me was wrong with my car came to be around 900, the other automotive shop gave me the estimate of what I do need which was roughly 700 and had nothing to do with what Tires First said was wrong with my car.
Desired Settlement: Two new front tires. Not the off brand Tires First has to offer.
1. Two tires were purchased on invoice ****** on 8/19/2013 by customer. I inspected them upon request by the customer. They showed severe alignment wear. We put the said vehicle on the alignment rack at no charge to the customer. I gave them a copy of the print out
showing the current settings and the factory recommendation of settings as printed out of the computer. The alignment was way out of specification. Not even close to being within tolerance. I gave this to the customer and explained that this causes tire wear. Tire wear
created by an alignment issue is not covered by any tire manufacturers warranty. This inspection was done on 12/09/2013.
2. When the vehicle was pulled into shop for the right rear tire on 1/07/2013, , we almost did not stop on the rack as the brakes went to the floor and barely stopped vehicle. We saw where it was out of brake fluid and put some in for customer at no charge. I informed them that the brakes were unsafe and even had them initial that the car should not be driven. I told them it would be better to have the vehicle towed. I told them that it was not safe for them or others on the public roads. They drove vehicle regardless of my statement. I offered a free brake inspection to them.
3. They brought the car back for the inspection on 12/09/2013. We inspected the brakes and found a blown out caliper on the rear, this is why the brake fluid was low on Saturday and was empty on this day of inspection. The rear brakes were also
worn out and the rotors were below specifications and the pads were totally worn out. The front pads were worn to the thickness where they should be replaced and the rotors were at or below specs based on where you measured. We put brake fluid in agan
at no charge to customer. Again, we told them it was still unsafe to drive.
4. In reference to the estimate and what the other shop gave estimate on, I don't have enough information to do any comparison. If they got the work done that was needed to be safe and have the brakes working at a better deal, good for them. I just don't understand
what they were talking about with the rear adjustment of disc brakes.
|8/2/2013||Problems with Product/Service | Complaint Details Unavailable|
Problems with Product/Service
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: I brought 4 brand new tires to get install and did balance, alignment on my 2008 Acura mdx. My car required 4 wheels alignment they did not do so. After the service was done I have to come back in 2 weeks after that for re alignment since it was not correct the first time. It was not correct the second time either. Few months later my tires gone bad and it was less than 10000 on the tires. Brought the car to dealer and found out bad alignment was the cause that ruined the tires. Came back to them several times to get it take care and they told me I need to purchase 4 new tires. Even though they was the one that messed my tires up in the first place.
Desired Settlement: I like my tires perform the way it should be. I just paid close to 1000 dollars for the tires and it ruined. Due to bad service.
1. Customer brought his own tires to Tires First on 10/16/12, tires not purchased from Tires first
Installed customers tires IN****** with alignment and transmission service
2. Customer returned to Tires First on 10/25/12 with vibration. We
reballanced at no charge on IN******
3. Came back to Tires First on 5/13/13 with brake shake from rotors
machined rotors and rotated IN******
4. Came in 5/23/13 rebalanced tires
5. came in 5/31/13 with steering wheel off center. we checked alignment and
centered steering wheel at no charge. IN****** at no charge. Found that RR wheel was bent and
customer was notified.
6. customer came in on 6/03/13 to check vehicle. asked if wheel had been repaired. answer, no
showed customer the bent wheel.
We have done alot of work at no charge trying to work with customer. He did not purchase the tires from Tires First.The vehicle went from 10/16/12
with the steering wheel straight, then came in on5/31/13 with steering wheel off center and a wheel bent. This is not our fault. Wheels don't bend
and steering wheels get off center without contact with something. Again, we have done a lot at no charge to the customer on a product
that was not purchased from us. We treated it as they were. The events that have happened are not the cause of Tires First.
Better Business Bureau:
I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID *******, and have determined that this proposed action would not resolve my complaint. For your reference, details of the offer I reviewed appear below.
[Provide details of why you are not satisfied with this resolution.]
When I had the tires installed it was brand new tires. Had alligment on the car. The car needed 4 wheels alligment but you guys only did the front. The rear was out of alligment. In turn messed up the tires, then I got balance and rotate. Which in turn put the good tires to the rear and it messed those tires up too. For the alligment it self I had to come back couples times to get it decent. Brough it to the dealer to find out what happended and was told it caused from bad alligmented. If the alligment was done properly the first time. There should not an issue.
1. This vehcile does require a four wheel alignment. Not all vehicles need a four wheel alignment, but this one certainly does.
2. Yes a four wheel alignmenht was done which would have been described with toe, camber and caster settings for all four wheels on the printout sheet
that was placed in the car after the aligment was done.,
3. The steering wheel was straight for 7 months and the wheel not bent. When vehicle came in on 5/31/13 a wheel was bent and steering wheel off center.
It did not leave her that way 7 months earlier. What ever bent the wheel, no doubt threw the alignment off which made the steering wheel
off center. I don't doubt what the dealer said about alignment. Usually an impact severe enough to bend a wheel does cause an alignment
4. I would suggest that the customer talk to the company he purchased the tires from to see if they would give him any assistance
outside of the standard warranty. They did not come from Tires First and I can't assume the responsibility for something outside of my control that was not
purchased from Tires First.
5. If the wheel is not replaced or repaired, (if it can be repaired) there is not way to properly do an alignment at this time.