BBB Accredited Business since 08/19/1992

Environmental Progress, Inc

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

02/17/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Lack of correspondence after numerous calls with issues. No returned calls after supposedly forwarding issue to management
System has not worked in over a year. Part was on back order, part came in and was put on. No invoice was left explaining for us to call for "motherboard" needing to actually be programmed. during annual service call, problem was supposedly fixed. System had been on bypass for over a year. Turned system on, water to house shuts off. System back on bypass. Service department was supposed to send out a tech to see if system needed to be rebuilt, at a price to us which is still under warranty. Discount not even enough to pay two payments of 164/month that we are paying for something we don't even use. Service rep was supposed to forward case to her manager, which has yet to call us with any type of resolution. Highly dissatisfied with service and will never recommend their products to anyone.

I don't want to continually pay for something I cannot use and being ignored by a business is unacceptable. When you tell someone you will be back in touch with them, hold up to your end of the deal. Balance is approximately 5000.00. They can come take faulty system out and pay the remaining balance off to the finance company.

After having reviewed Mr. *****'s account we are sincerely sorry for the delay in his service. Unfortunately, the part that was replaced was on back order and we had numerous other customers that were also in need of the same part. Thus as the parts came in we distributed them in chronological order. None the less that is not the fault of Mr. *****. Due to the delay from the manufacturer Mr. *****'s unit was in bypass and thus caused his equipment to need additional services. Again this is not the fault of Mr. ***** and we sincerely apologize. The owners of the company have authorized that we perform the Rebed (additional work that is needed) at no charge to Mr. *****. This is a $310.00 service. Our Service Manager will call Mr. ***** after the Christmas Holiday to schedule this work to be performed after the first of the year.

Again we apologize for the delays, and subsequent issues.

******* *****

Computer system continues to fail. Product not able to be used.
18 November 2014, annual service done on system.. Computer board found to be bad. Paperwork not turned in to order new board. Called company in December and was told about paperwork. Computer board would be ordered. Update: computer boards on back order. First week or so in January: Computer boards in, will be out to install at customer's designated time. Time comes and goes, no install. I call 23 January 2015, over two months after service done. Board received to replace were bad as well before even going out to customer. Have replacements as of 22 January. Will come out to replace.

Not interested in system being replaced for 3rd time. Want system completely gone, account closes and paid off to finance company Environmental Progress set it up with because in a few months, the motherboard will go out again and it will be the same issue all over again. Numerous complaints against this company have been found online as well. Tired of throwing money away on something I cannot use. It is similar to paying for a car that is constantly broken down and not able to use. I have spent over $320 in the last two months on a system that has sat in bypass mode not being used. Hard water is showing in my house when I supposedly have a system that prevents it. I have a yard decoration for the last two months and this is not the first time I have had issues with the system I had to contact the BBB when EP tried charging me for a complete unit rebuild while it was still under warranty.

I have not contacted my attorney yet, and I hope to prevent any litigation, but I will take those steps if necessary. Last time I contacted the BBB, EP paid for system rebuild. I just don't want the system anymore because I fear I will be back in the same boat in a few months when the motherboard goes bad again. If the motherboards come from the manufacturer bad already, it is only a matter of time.

Desired Resolution

Account with ISPC (Environmental Progress' company they go through for financing) closed and paid in full and system removed from property. Current balance is $5181.62 with a payment of 164 due to come out 31 January 2015.

First of all I want to apologize for the inconveniences Mr. ***** has had to deal with. His most recent service issue was on January 12, 2014 when our Technical Service Manager went to Mr. *****'s residence to replace the computer board on his unit for the second time. Upon installation and subsequent testing, the manager found that the new board was not functioning properly. He just happened to have a second board with him, which, unfortunately, was also not working properly.

We order these parts, which are covered under warranty, direct from the manufacturer. We sent the malfunctioning parts back to the manufacturer and received the replacement parts on January 21, 2015. Mr. ***** called us on January 23, 2015. During that conversation our Customer Service Manager informed Mr. ***** that the replacement parts had arrived. Mr. ***** informed us that he did not want us to come out and replace the part. Instead, he wanted us to remove the equipment entirely, and pay off his loan.

Our job at United Standard is to make sure that the equipment Mr. ***** purchased is functioning properly. We are currently working with the manufacturer and hope to be able to call him by next week to resolve this issue. There is no excuse for the parts that were sent to us not working, and unfortunately, Mr. ***** was caught in the middle. However, that does not just cancel his purchase.

We will advise the BBB of our resolution as soon we possibly can.

**** *******

My issue is that this is not the first time these parts have gone bad and I see it to be a continued problem in the future because the parts are clearly substandard. i am payoing monthly for a service that continues to break down and since Novemeber 2014, it has been in a state of bypass which means I am paying for something to just sit in my yard. Would you want to pay your hard earned money for a service that is not being provided? The money a month may just as well be put in the garbage because the system I am paying for has been on no use to me for over three months, and who knows how long before., The service is done annually, so who knows how long the computer board was out before then. I don't know the specifics of the equipment, so I am not qualified to go look at it to ensure it is operating correctly. I hope to resolve this matter without legal action as well, but I refuse to be taken advantage of. If EP comes out to replace a substandard part that there have been problems in the past with, how soon will the replacement part go out and I am once again paying for a service that i am not using?

We heard from the manufacturer, and they agreed completely with our plan of action. We have already corresponded with **** *****, and he has agreed to let us come out and pick up his old unit and replace it with a brand new system. We are sure this new system will resolve any issues Mr. ***** has had. Our goal is to always be there for our customers.

10/20/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

was promised a $25.00 Lowe's card if I let them
come into my home and test my water. I did, but no card.
I received a phone all from this company offering
to test my water for free and I accepted. If I let them come into my home I would receive a $25.00 Lowe's card. On Monday August 17 a man from their company came and tested my water. After
he finished I ask when I would get my card and he
said I would not get one because he did not do a
complete test. (I did not understand). When the
manager set up the appointment I told him I already had a water system installed for drinking
purposes only. I don't understand what the problem
is. I let them in my home and they tested the water.

I want my $25.00 Lowe's card.

Ms. ***** was told when the appointment was set that the gift card would be in exchange for her time and opinions after watching a complete demonstration of our product. Testing the water is only a small part of that demonstration. so When Ms. ***** stopped the Sales Rep from completing the demonstration, she no longer qualified for the gift card. Only home-owners who watch the complete demonstration and give us their opinions on our product receive the gift card.

I did not stop the demonstration, the man who came to my house did. He said he did not know what to do, so he packed up and left. My daughter was here visiting from out of town at the time and she can verify this.

Ms. ***** admits in her rebuttal that she did not see the entire demonstration. Regardless of who stopped the demonstration, if she didn't see the entire demo, she doesn't qualify for the gift card.

11/10/2014Problems with Product / Service
04/22/2014Problems with Product / Service
11/25/2013Advertising / Sales Issues

Water Filtration & Purification Equipment, Water Soft & Conditioning Equipment Service &