Hilton Columbia Center

10/11/2012Problems with Product / Service
01/27/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

On 12/15/14, charged $136.80 that was not authorized. Left 2 vm with Charlotte Hamilton, faxed complaint and supporting docs, no response.
From December 10-11, 2014, I stayed at the Hilton Columbia Center. My room, taxes and parking were paid by an organization, DESA. I accrued charges - of my own - of $104.98 for which I was properly billed. However, on that same date, my Bank of America Visa/debit card was also charged $136.80. I did not accumulate those charges at all. Both amounts were billed on December 15th. When I noticed the unauthorized charge, I called and spoke with someone at the front desk. I was informed she could not help me, and that only ********* ******** in accounting could assist me, so I was transferred to her line. She did not pick up, and I left her a lengthy email regarding the details as well as my contact information. Having received no response over several hours, I also faxed a copy of the details of the unauthorized charge to her attention, again, asking for her response. I received none. Today, I again left a message, but did not receive a response. As of this date, my debit card, and thus bank account, is $136.80 less because of this mistake and the continued failure of response. The Hilton Columbia Center's actions are at best negligent, and at worst theft.

I seek full replacement of the unauthorized debit from my account. Further, as an attorney who bills $280 an hour, my time is money. The process in seeking a refund - let alone a response, was at least 1 hour; accordingly, I request reimbursement of $265 for the amount of work time lost for seeking repayment and resolution of this matter.

Hotels