The BBB Education Foundation,
a 501(c)(3) organization was formed to:
• Promote intelligent, responsible and informed marketplace decisions by educating area consumers about wise buying and charitable giving practices;
• Provide consumer education information through electronic media, written materials, telephone, outreach efforts to the community-at-large and groups of residents most vulnerable to consumer fraud;
• Develop and implement educational programs to meet the needs of specific consumer groups;
• Educate the public on unfair and dishonest business practices and on timely consumer issues of significance;
• Develop and implement programs to promote ethical conduct and service excellence within the business community.
2011 BBB Educational Foundation Board of Directors:
• Marc Blumenthal, B & B Appliance
• Jeremy Gilman, Benesch Friedlander Coplan & Aronoff
• Barry Leaventon, Precision Printing
• Frank Navratil, John Carroll University, Public Director
• Sherrill Paul-Witt, Trolley Tours of Cleveland
• Cary Root, ALG Computer Consulting & Training
• Barbara Rose, Public Director
• Perry White, Executive Director, Citizens Academy
Significant Program Achievements:
• Foundation staff and volunteers presented TeenSmart financial literacy workshops to 1414 students in 46 classes at 13 Cleveland Metropolitan School District high schools;
• Foundation’s Senior Awareness Initiative sent quarterly alerts to 571 senior centers and residential facilities. Alerts were reprinted in at least 28,000 senior newsletters.
• Students from (list 4 high schools) were honored with Student of Integrity Awards and scholarships at December 7students nominated by their area high schools to submit entries.
Financial Summary (unaudited)
Total Income (including donated services): $35,698
Total Expense: $23,979
Ending Net Assets: $56,420