BBB Business Review
This Business is not BBB accredited
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that lowered the rating for Court Divorce Service include:
- 29 complaints filed against business
- 1 complaint filed against business that was not resolved
- BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business
- Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints
Factors that raised the rating for Court Divorce Service include:
- Length of time business has been operating.
- Response to 29 complaint(s) filed against business.
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||24|
|Total Closed Complaints||29|
Additional Complaint Information
(See Additional Information section below.)
In a letter dated February 7, 2011, BBB contacted the company regarding their advertisement in local newspapers. The advertisement read, “Divorce with or without children $125.00. With free name change documents and marital settlement agreement. Fast and easy. Call us 24hrs./7days: 1-888-789-0198; www.CourtDivorceService.com.”
BBB cited a pattern of complaints including:
• confusion about the services consumers thought they had purchased
• receipt of some – but not all – documents referenced when calling the 888 phone number
• documents that were rejected by courts in the consumer’s geographic location
• an inability to contact anyone from the company to discuss customer service issues
While acknowledging the company typically responds to complaints by issuing a refund, BBB also asked the following:
• Are your documents created to address specific filing requirements by state?
• Have the documents been reviewed by attorney’s to assure they are able to be used for the purposes stated?
• Do you have a refund policy if materials are not acceptable in the buyer’s state?
• Can you substantiate the advertised claim that “Court Divorce Service is the leading self-help divorce websites.”?
BBB received no response from the company.
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||1|
Business ManagementMr. Larry Lee
Alternate Business NamesCourt Document Services Corp. Pay4Divorce
When looking at different online divorce forms services, there are certain factors you need to consider. Some of these include:
Credibility: Is the website professional? Have the online divorce forms been prepared by individuals with a legal background?
Information Provided: Is helpful information provided online to guide you through the divorce process? Can you easily contact customer service representatives if you have questions regarding your online divorce forms?
Guarantee: Does the website ensure your online divorce forms will meet legal standards? Can you get a refund if you are not satisfied with the service?