This business is not BBB accredited.
Clarion Financial Services
Phone: (216) 539-0119 View Additional Phone Numbers 4242 Lorain Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44113
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
View Business Review Inquiries
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that lowered the rating for Clarion Financial Services include:
- BBB concerns with the industry in which this business operates
Factors that raised the rating for Clarion Financial Services include:
- Length of time business has been operating
- No complaints filed with BBB
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||0|
Additional Complaint Information
This company first came to the attention of the Cleveland BBB in April of 2007. At that time, consumers informed the BBB that this company was advertising both on the Internet and in local newspapers with offers to provide loans in exchange for an advance payment. Required as either a broker's fee or for insurance, the fees ranged from $681 to $1514 for loans ranging from $10,000 to $16,000. However, after sending the monies via Western Union to a Canadian address, consumers report that the company never provided the loan monies.
Based on information on its website, the company has headquarters in the State of Ohio with an office at 4242 Lorain Road in Cleveland. However, the Cleveland BBB has found no corporate registrations with the Ohio Secretary of State and we have been unable to verify the validity of the Cleveland address. In addition, the Cleveland BBB was unable to verify that this company has any licensing with the Ohio Division of Financial Institutions.
NOTE: Consumers with less than perfect credit should use the following guidelines when seeking loans:
1. Know who you are doing business with. Obtain the name of the loan representative and the name, address, and telephone number of the company.
2. Don't accept the promoter's claims of guaranteed loan services at face value.
3. Insist on being told the name of the lending institution which supposedly will fund your loan.
4. Verify with the supposed lender all oral and written representations made by the promoter regarding support from that lender.
5. Ask for names, addresses, and phone numbers of other customers of the promoter, and contact them to see if they got their loans. Consider consulting an attorney or accountant for advice.
6. Ask yourself why the promoter can obtain a loan for you from a legitimate lender when you yourself have been turned down for a loan, perhaps many times. Take care of your precious assets by exercising caution when asked to pay a loan fee in advance.
If you have been victimized in an advance fee scheme in which the U.S. Mail was used, report your experience to your local postmaster or the nearest Postal Inspector.
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0|
Business ManagementMs. Michell Knight, C.E.O. Mr. Kevin Murrey Mr. Paul Brown, Adjuster Ms. Sara Peterson
Advance Fee Loan Brokers