BBB Business Review
This Business is not BBB accredited
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that lowered the rating for Pay Day America include:
- BBB concerns with the industry in which this business operates
- BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating
- 1 serious complaint filed against business
- BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||1|
|Total Closed Complaints||1|
Additional Complaint Information
This company first came to the attention of BBB in March of 2013. At that time a Nevada consumer reported paying $315 with a Money Pak card in anticipation of a $5000 loan. The company then asked for an additional $325 but the consumer declined. Since then consumers in California and Massachusetts have reported similar experiences.
The company is allegedly located at the Cleveland, Ohio address noted in this report. However, mail to that address was returned as "No such address".
BBB was unable to locate any filings for this company with the Ohio Secretary of State.
BBB advises consumers to:
• Confirm the lender is registered to do business in your state and licensed with your state financial or banking regulators.
• Be wary of applying for online loans and especially cautious of any lender that requires you to send money before receiving a loan.
• Avoid doing business with anyone who cannot give you an address that you can confirm is legitimate.
• Remember that official-looking loan documents and sophisticated looking websites are easy to copy or fake. Just because a business appears legitimate, doesn't mean it is.
Consumers should also be aware of the potential for being a victim of Identity Theft. For that reason BBB advises consumers to monitor their credit reports for new, unauthorized accounts that might be established in their name. A free report may be obtained from each of the three major reporting agencies online at www.annualcreditreport.com.
This review will be updated when more information is available.
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0|
Advance Fee Brokers Collection Agencies
The following Government Agency(s) or Association(s) may be able to provide you additional information:
Ohio Attorney General - Cleveland Office 615 Superior Ave. West, 11th Floor, Cleveland OH 44113 Phone Number: (216) 787-3030 http://www.ag.state.oh.us
Federal Trade Commission (FTC) / Consumer Response Center 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington DC 20580 Phone Number: (877) 382-4357 http://www.ftc.gov