Educational Consumer Tips
Better Business Bureau
Companies that engage in genuine market research do not initially ask consumers to participate in a survey and then attempt to sell a product or service. Their money is earned, rather, by selling survey results to their clients, who include broadcasters, advertising agencies, manufacturers and others who will make use of the results, not by selling anything to individual consumers.
When a research company approaches you, you might want to ask the following questions:
* Am I obligated to purchase anything?
* Is there any cost or fee to participate?
* What is required of me in order to participate and for how long?
* Will my name be sold to other businesses to be used as a sales prospect?
* How will the survey results be used?
Rate this tipRate this tip by choosing the stars below.