1 of 1 images | See All Images >>
BBB Accredited Business since
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This business offers residential and light commercial painting and pressure washing services.
Request a Quote
A BBB Accredited Business since
BBB has determined that Michele Bell Painting meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that raised the rating for Michele Bell Painting include:
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size.
- Response to 1 complaint(s) filed against business.
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business.
- BBB has sufficient background information on this business.
Industry Ratings Comparison
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||1|
|Total Closed Complaints||1|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||17|
Type of Entity
Business ManagementMs. Michele Bell, Owner
Painting Contractors Pressure Washing
Hours of OperationMonday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Method(s) of PaymentVisa, Master card,Discover card.
Industry TipsHiring a Painter
What is a BBB Business Review?
We offer free reviews on businesses that include background, licensing, consumer experience and other information such as governmental actions that is known to BBB. These reviews are provided for businesses that are BBB accredited and also for businesses that are not BBB accredited.
About BBB Business Review Content & Services:
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content & services in BBB Business Reviews.
The additional content & services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release.
Not all enhanced content & services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the business within two business days. The business will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the business's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
BBB Reporting Policy
As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.
BBB Business Reviews are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information in this BBB Business Review is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy.
BBB business Reviews generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Business Reviews are subject to change at any time.
Complaint Trends - Last 3 Years
Customer Review Trends
BBB Customer Review Rating Overview
BBB Customer Reviews Star Rating represents the customers opinions of the business. The Customer Review Star Rating is based on the number of positive, neutral and negative customer reviews posted that are calculated to produce a score. Below is the Customer Review Star Rating scale.
|Positive Review||5 points per review|
|Neutral Review||3 points per review|
|Negative Review||1 point per review|
BBB Customer Review Star Ratings are not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and BBB recommends that consumers consider a business' BBB Rating and Customer Review Star Rating in addition to all other available information about the business.
Problems with Product/Service
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: I recentley hired this painter to pressure wash,paint the exterior of the house and wooden deck.I had issues with the trim but excepted the results with apperhension.The deck on the other hand is a disgrace.I personaly am painting in between the cracks which no attempt was made to paint.
Desired Settlement: For my time and effort $100.00 dollars would be acceptable.
I appreciate the opprotunity to voice my opinion. After working in this business for 20 years, It"s always good to be heard. I would like to mention step by step of my encounter with this customer.
- Mr. ******** accepted my bid out of three or four other painters.
- Mr. ******** expressed the other bids didn't include the appropriate amount of paint.
- my accepted bid of 16 gallons of paint still didn't include the still needed 23 gallons=$240 which he did not get charged.
- another gallon of paint was left behind, specifically for the deck.
- the bid was for two coats of paint for the entire job= minus the deck.
- when painting a deck, I have never painted in between the boards of the surface of the deck.
- the customer expressed only wanting one coat of paint on this deck. Because he said he had just painted it one year ealier. I never recommend one coat of paint on anything.
- Mr. Dana ******** was one of only two customers I have every disliked working for. He could not be satisfied.
- all though, after many concerns being addressed and he saying, "I am 99.9% satisfied". on the last day of our work, he appologized for his behavior and admitted he was a particluar person.
- the hottest day of the week, he turned off the main water valve. my crew had no water to drink nor water to clean their tools.
- after speaking to several neighbors, they agreed he is a difficult person to deal with.
Thank you for the neutral approach on this matter. If you need any further information or paperwork, please feel free to contact me again.
Consumer Response: Better Business Bureau:I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID *******, and have determined that this does not resolve my complaint. For your reference, details of the offer I reviewed appear below.[To assist us in bringing this matter to a close, we would like to know your view on the matter.]
This is my side of the story that Ms.Bell failed to tell.First off the total of 16 gallon was for the house only,she said she would put one coat of stain on the deck if I gave her the job and that included 3 gallons of stain.Second the water was not turned off we were using it to water our lawn and flowers and one of her painters had the water on for over 30 minutes to clean paint buckets that were later put in a trash bag and he got mad because I said he was wasting water.I lost my temper because of the poor job that was done .The next thing that seems to have been forgotten was the cokes.ice water.ice cycles,bathroom usage. The next item cigarette butts ,trash, broken flowers,paint spills and daily clean up that I did.The last thing that I will Comment on is the deck that didn't get painted in between the boards since I had asked one of the painter to do it and he said no problem he had a one inch brush he could use.I have never heard of not painting in between the boards it left the unpainted surfaces very noticeable and looking like a very poor job. As for me being difficult if the job had been done in a professional manner and Ms.Bell paid more attention to the job instead of gossip from nosy neighbors I wouldn't be making this complaint.It is my house and I have to remedy the situation with the deck which Ms Bell didn't even look at ,all she wanted was her money and to get to the neighbors for her next job.I did apologize for my behavior but now I wish I hadn't .
Again, thank you for this opportunity. It is always important to me professionally and personally for my view point to be seen and heard.
- I would be happy to provide paperwork (bid sheets, reciepts, pictures etc.) if necessary. The total amount of paint used for the property was 19 gallons of paint and 3 gallons of stain. The difference between of materials of the original bid of 16 gallons cost was not charges to the customer. ($240)
- My ******* ******** painting sales representative visited and requested pictures on the "agreed" great looking job of the property for their contractors publication.
- water is necessary for all clean-ups on every job. on June the 19th the water was shut off. It was never turned back on. The neighbor offered to save my tools and workers with the use of her water.
-the customer had given some refreshments til June 19th. Our repor was good until this day. For some unknown reason, Mr. ******** changed his attitude towards me and my workers.
- the request to paint between the boards of the deck, was misunderstood by Mr. ********. propor procedures were followed pricisely.
- the customer jumped to unhappy conclusions after drinking whiskey and discussions w/his wife about a small problem on the garage. The 2nd coat of paint had not been applied to the garage yet. This was not speculation on my part, but forthcoming conversation from the customer. The matter was fixed the the very next morning. He apologized then about being too quick to judgement. After discussions about other job bids with neighboring homes, I am now coming to the conclusion this is common practise with Mr. ********.
-Had Mr. ******** been honest about not being 99.9% happy. This aggrivation could've been avoided. Especially since I offer 100% guarantee satisfaction. He told me he was happy more than once.
In conclusion, I appreciate the chance to tell my side of this encounter. I feel I have been more than honest and fair with Mr. ********. I feel this matter has come to an end.
Consumer Response: Better Business Bureau:I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID*******, and have determined that this does not resolve my complaint. For your reference, details of the offer I reviewed appear below.[To assist us in bringing this matter to a close, we would like to know your view on the matter.]
Again Ms. Bell want's to attack me personally instead of accepting the fact that the job wasn't done as I requested .I was under the impression that I contracted Ms. Bell to paint my house and deck the way I wanted it.It is not my fault that she has inexperienced personal working for her which she threatened to fire due to poor workmanship .It is not my fault that she can't estimate with her so called 20 yrs of experience .All I know is she gave me a written estimate and a guarantee that materials would last forever.Ms Bell also assured me that I would be satisfied with ALL of the work.It is true that I am 99% satisfied with the house but the deck is a different story. I would like to know how Ms.Bell can tell what kind of job was done when she NEVER bothered to check it out.If Ms.Bell trust a worker with a couple of months of experience to do a good job I am sure you will get more complaints.It is time that Ms. Bell acts like a professional she claims to be and stand behind her guarantee instead of slandering my personal life.I have also raised the solving of this problem to include a written apology from Ms.Bell for all her lies and insults.
BBB's Final Determination: After reviewing the position of all parties, BBB determined that the business made a reasonable effort to address the complaint. However the consumer remains dissatisfied.