BBB Business Review
This Business is not BBB accredited
National Fraud and Investigation Agency
View Additional Phone Numbers unknown, Cincinnati, OH 45202 ! There is an alert on National Fraud and Investigation Agency !
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
BBB believes this business to be operating a phony debt collection scheme. According to information received by BBB, calls from National Fraud and Investigation Agency accuse consumers of defaulting on payday loans and threaten that if consumers don’t pay immediately via wire or by providing bank account or credit card numbers, he or she will be arrested or sued. National Fraud and Investigation Agency may have the consumer’s Social Security, old bank account numbers or driver’s license numbers as well as home addresses, employer information or even the names of personal friends and professional references.
BBB is unable to locate the persons responsible for the phony debt collection calls. BBB offers the following advice to consumers if they receive a suspicious telephone call about an outstanding debt:
• Ask the debt collector to provide official documentation which substantiates the debt.
• Do not provide or confirm any bank account, credit card or other personal information over the phone until you have confirmed the legitimacy of the call.
• File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission online if the caller is abusive, uses threats or otherwise violates federal telemarketing laws.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that lowered the rating for National Fraud and Investigation Agency include:
- BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating
- 13 complaints filed against business
- Failure to respond to 1 complaint filed against business
- 4 serious complaints filed against business
- BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business
- BBB does not have a clear understanding of this business
Industry Ratings Comparison
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||1|
|Total Closed Complaints||13|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||1|
Business ManagementMr. Anthony Freeman, Director Ms. Katherine Mckenze Ms. Jasmine, Representative Mr. Allan Carter Ms. Catherine Davis Mr. Scott Powers, Representative
Alternate Business NamesNational Fraud Investigation Agency NFIA
Mail was returned by the US Postal Service from 1000 Main st. on 7/26/2013