BBB Business ReviewIs this your Business?
BBB Accredited Business since 06/01/2013
DSA Precision Inc.
Phone: (847) 980-8499Fax: (847) 873-0212
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Problems with Product / Service||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||0|
Windows, Storm Windows & Doors, Screens - Door & Window, Doors - Installation, Doors - Patio, Doors, Windows - Installation & Service, Skylights, Siding Contractors, Roofing Contractors, Deck - Repair, Deck Builders, Patio & Deck Builders, Home Improvements, Contractors - Gutters, Floor Laying, Refinishing & Resurfacing, Carpenters
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Chicago and Northern Illinois. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*DSA Precision Inc. is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
Industry Tips for WindowsContracts
Home Remodeling Contractors
BBB Warns Spring Time Brings Home Improvement Scams
Safe & Sound: Securing Your Home
Winterizing Your Home
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
DSA Precision is a Non Accredited Business that is currently displaying the BBB Torch logoŽ on business cards and flyers.
The use of these trademarks without permission is a violation of the trademark rights of the Council of BBB, Inc. These marks are licensed only to Accredited Businesses that have agreed to certain practices and to resolve disputes through a formal process, if necessary.
The business was sent a letter on April 25, 2012 and May 1, 2012 requesting that the business immediately cease claiming or implying in any way that DSA Precisions is an Accredited Business by removing the BBB Torch logo from business cards and flyers.
On June 1, 2012 DSA Precision, Inc. was referred to the Council of BBB due to failure to cooperate with the BBB on advertising matters.