In Chicago and Northern Illinois

BBB Accredited Business since 02/01/2007

Best Windows, Inc.

02/28/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Product Quality Complaint Issue

Complaint: We ordered windows 6 in 2011 from Best Windows and where told they were highly energy efficient and provided great climate control keeping heat out in the summer and cold air out in the winter.
So we agreed to have them all installed and they were, 4/4/11. From December/2011 through March/2012, we felt cold air blowing through 4 of the windows.
We eventually had to stuff cotton into the spaces were the air was coming from to stop the drafts.
We called and complained to John, the owner, and he came and checked the windows and stated that they were not defective.
After the winter of 2012, and we went through this again, we called John again. This time he sent an employee to come and check the windows and recaulk around them, even though we showed him that the leak were the air was coming from could not be caulked.
After the 4 windows were recaulked, we continued to fell the same cold air, and we again notified John, the owner, telling us again that the windows where not defective.

We just wanted to get what we payed for and what he advertised, high quality windows at an affordable price. And we did not.

I have installed thousands of the exact same make and model window we installed in the your home by the very same installers and all other customers are satisfied with these windows evidenced by my zero complaint history for the last seven years. I have installed over 15,000 windows since joining The Better business bureau without one single complaint until yours. I did inspect the windows and found them to be reforming as expected. I recauked the windows as a courtesy. I did install high quality energy star rated windows as I promised there was a NFRC sticker on each window you saw this sticker it proved the high thermal quality of the windows I installed. I did charge you an extremely low price. I kept my word I delivered as promised as I always have as I always will. If you would like me to replace the four double windows I installed with another model I will do so at the cost of the windows I will not charge for labor I still believe the windows we installed are fine but in the spirit of goodwill I will pay my installers out of my own pocket. Respectfully **** ********** President Best Windows

The consumer indicated ONLINE that the business responded to this complaint to his/her satisfaction. He/she also stated:

Windows - Installation & Service, Windows - Vinyl, Windows - Wood, Windows, Storm Windows & Doors, Hardwood Floor Contractors, Remodeling Services, Bathroom Remodeling, Construction & Remodeling Services, Siding Contractors, Roofing Contractors, Patio & Deck Builders, Home Improvements - Additions, Contractor - Remodel & Repair, Contractors - General, Kitchen Remodeling