BBB Accredited Business since 03/01/2008

S & W Home Improvements, Inc.

07/11/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I had contracted with S&W Home Improvement to replace my sliding patio door and screen in the beginning of June. I was recently called by the owner (*****)to schedule installation and for some reason he kept pushing the idea of leaving my home open to his crew while I was not at home, which was not acceptable. We went through my schedule of the next days I have off but he was always busy, so the call was ended with no date set. The next day I called him and asked him to pick the first available day in July; the very next day he called me, ignoring my request, and said that he could be here today to begin installation at 8:30 am and finish by 11:30am, a total of three hours. I agreed to this. The crew did not arrive here until 8:55. I told the driver that it was too late to do the install and sent him away. I called and left a message with the owner. He called back and was irate; "how dare I turn the crew around?" he asked. I told him my window of opportunity was closed. According to the information he gave me it would be a three-hour job. If he started at 9am, that would equal him ending at 12:00 noon. I had to leave for work at noon. He would not accept this and was arguing with me. This guy gave me a VERY hard time and was not willing to work with me at all. I wanted to do this on my day off so there would not be a time issue. I could not allow it to be installed and have something go wrong to make it go past the time I had to leave for work and jeopardize my job, and I would NOT allow his crew to be here when I was not. At the end of the verbal sparing on the phone, I again asked ***** to please pick the first available day in July to install the doors for me. He hung up without giving me a date. This is totally unacceptable. I have never worked with this company in the past and I am sure that I will never work with them in the future.

I simply want S&W Home Improvements to deliver and install my patio doors according to my schedule, not theirs.

S&W scheduled to install a patio door for my customer on Thursday. Told him we would start around 8;30 am, arrived at 8:45 to start and was told since we didn't arrive at 8:30 sharp we would have to reschedule to install the door in July. I called him immediately to ask why he would change his mind and he stated he had to leave for work at noon, which again I assured him we would be done by 11:30. He said no since we were late. Explained that we had to unload the truck from wednesday and load his door on to the truck. He cost me 2 hours of lost revenue since we had to return and unload his patio door and load up a different job.

Siding Contractors, Windows, Storm Windows & Doors - Repair, Patio & Deck Builders, Deck Builders, Doors, Doors - Installation, Basement - Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, Kitchen Remodeling, Home Improvements, Windows - Installation & Service