Root Studios-Ottawa

7 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

11/11/2013Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I purchased picture package D9, valued at $34.00 on 09/26/2013. I utilized the option of adding my child's name to the wallets, for free, if the order was placed online at shop.hrimaging.com. I made payment online and printed the receipt showing my name and ship to address, along with my child's name, school, and event number. The pictures were taken on 09/27/2013. It is now 11/06/2013 and I have not received the pictures. I called the company today for an update, and spoke with someone named ********* I was told that there is a missing connection within the online ordering system so the order did not show an address of where to mail the pictures to. The representative advised me that when this happens, they usually mail the pictures to the school. She then told me that she would submit my order again so I would not have to wait any longer. This confused me for a moment. If the order was already processed and sent to the school like she said, why would the representative put through another order? I thanked her and proceeded to call my child's school. I spoke with an office staff member who advised me that any picture packages were sent home with the appropriate student. I am not sure what day the pictures were sent to my child's school but I know nothing was sent home with my child. I checked the company's website to find out more information on delivery times and I found that I should have received my picture order within 14 business days. Assuming business days are Monday through Friday, it has now been 28 business days and I still have NO pictures. I am under the impression that the original order was never processed and the representative did not want to tell me that. If a company has a system for online ordering of a certain product, you would think that all the "bugs" would be worked out before it will be utilized by the general public. Also that there would be some sort of quality control going on at some aspect of the process between online ordering and delivery of the finished product. I am highly disappointed. I do hope that someone is paying attention so that the credit card used to pay for the original order will not be charged twice.

Please process my order ASAP and mail to my HOME, ASAP!!! I feel a special rapid delivery method is in order due to the company's error.
I will not be utilizing this company ever again for pictures of any kind in the future.

The consumer indicated ONLINE that the business responded to this complaint to his/her satisfaction. He/she also stated:
Picture package was received today 11/08/2013.

09/04/2012Delivery Issues
06/08/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I ordered a 8x10 and digital image of school photos. While ordering his info would only show up on wallets. They have changed the wording on the website after I have sent many emails complaining of his name, year and school being on the photos taking up a great deal of space. When I ordered the info was only to be on the wallets of which I did not order. I have asked them to fix the image and just resend the digital. They told me I could get a refund just to send the product back. I still have not received my 8x10, meaning I cannot send it back. I let them know that and asked them to fix the photos again. They emailed back with "this is how we chose to edit the school photos this year". I then asked them to refund my money or fix the photos or I was contacting the BBB. They have not responded back to me and it has been several days. I am not the only parent they have wronged. I have asked other parents at the same school if they knew they were placing the names, year and school on the photos and they told me that they were not aware of it either and had placed orders that they will not be happy with. Their customer service person ***** told me ********

Since you have the copyright release letter for the digital image of ****** you have the rights to do whatever you want with this digital image. Our company has chosen to have the spring pictures printed with the student's name, logo and year on everything we do for spring this year. There are no changes that can be made.". I cannot do what I wish with the photos. My family are all disgusted with the photos and said they will not display them in their home. The company has the ability to fix this and just won't. I have read and heard many reviews about this company that they are horrible and they do not want to fix problems and have horrible customer service of which I agree. I have the emails saved if you would need those.

I want the digital image replaced with the version without the name, year and school info. If that cannot be reached then I am seeking the full refund of $22.00.

The customer can get a full refund simply by contacting customer service. All our flyers and order forms clearly show the product with the student's name, school name and school logo (where provided).

04/06/2015Billing / Collection Issues