BBB Accredited Business since 01/01/2013

Skokie Cash Jewelry and Loan

2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

04/15/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I need my jewelry and the store is closed! I have no idea how to contact the owner.

I would like my jewlery back it had sentimental value! A lot of it was religious jewlery! Please help me.

08/04/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

TODAY IS SATURDAY, JUNE 28TH AT 2:41PM. I ARRIVED AT THE STORE AT 10:05AM (SIGN POSTED ON THE DOOR THAT STATES THE BUSINESS HOURS ARE FROM 10AM-4PM)TO SATISFY MY CONTRACT THAT ENDS ON 06/30.

I RECEIVED A LOAN ON 05/31 FOR $175, AND IN PLACE THE COMPANY HELD ON TO TWO WATCHES (ROUGHLY $900 RETAIL VALUE)UNTIL I EITHER A)RENEWED THE CONTRACT WITHIN 30 DAYS OR B)PAY THE LOAN OFF, WHICH WITH INTEREST CAME TO $205. I ARRIVED AT THE STORE, AND THE BUSINESS WAS NOT OPEN. I WAITED FOR ABOUT 15 MINS, STILL NO SHOW, SO I DECIDED TO RUN SOME ERRANDS AND RETURN LATER. I RETURNED AROUND 10:45AM; HOWEVER THE STORE WAS STILL CLOSED.

I CALLED MULTIPLE TIMES (PHONE RECORDS WILL PROVE THIS) AND UNFORTUNATELY WAS UNABLE TO LEAVE A V/M BECAUSE THE MAILBOX WAS FULL.

MY CONTRACT IS UP ON MONDAY, JUNE 30TH; HOWEVER I AM UNABLE TO PHYSICALLY GO BACK DUE TO MY CURRENT WORK HOURS, HENCE THE REASON WHY I DECIDED TO GO ON SATURDAY. THERE WERE NO SIGNS POSTED, STATING THAT THE BUSINESS WOULD BE CLOSED, AND I HAVE NO WAY OF CONTACTING THE OWNER.

I SIMPLY WOULD LIKE TO PAY THE LOAN OFF, AND GET MY WATCHES BACK.

I THINK THAT IT IS AWFUL AND EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL THAT A BUSINESS WOULD ADVERTISE THEIR HOURS AND NOT PHYSICALLY BE THERE, OR PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION (NOTE ON THE DOOR) WHY THE BUSINESS WOULD BE CLOSE.

PLEASE HELP.

THANKS.

***

I SIMPLY WOULD LIKE TO PAY MY CONTRACT OFF AND RECEIVE MY WATCHES.

Pawnbrokers, Jewelry Designers, Jewelers - Retail, Gold Buyers, Gold, Silver & Platinum Dealers