We called this company in to find out why we had a very bad sewer smell in our office. They ran a camera down our sewer line, and advised us that the problem was from a break in our sewer line outside our office on the sidewalk. They gave us an estimate for the repairs they advised and we paid in full.
The work was done, and from the beginning, we continued to experience the same sewer smells. we complained several times and they would send someone out, who would just throw some graval down the sewer.
We ended up calling in 3 other companies, and all 3 of them found that the problem was a big hole in the sewerline, inside the office and not outside, and that the outside was never the proble.. Also, the outside work done was cefective, and had actually caused more damage to the sewerline.
We complained to the company, and they sent another person out, who documented that the smell was still strong in the office. We reached out to the company, and they refused to either fix the shoddy work done and carry out the actual repair that should have been done, or refund our money. We have now been told that it would actually cost us more to fix the sewer because it continued to deteriorate, and as a result, is in a much worse condition than before.
At this point we honestly can not trust this company to do the right thing, or to do the work properly. We just want our money refunded to us so we can look for a more reputable company and get the job done through them.
Final Consumer Response
(The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
Again, ARS is trying to pass *** buck on a matter that they should be abjectly apologetic for, and scrambling to fix, if they had even the slightest integrity. It is really disappointing that they will not accept that they repaired the WRONG thing. They made a WRONG diagnosis, and therefore we spent our money on a WRONG repair that we neither requested nor required.
The facts of the case are very simple:
1. We called them to come into our office, figure out why there was a strong sewer smell, and fix the problem, as their advertising states they have expertise in.
2. Their representative came in, did a series of investigations (which we paid for, in full, and he made a diagnosis, and a repair which was supposed to resolve the problem - which was the smell in our office.
3. We relied fully on their representative's professional judgment and signed a contract that he prepared, detailing what he stated we would need to do, to get rid of the smell.
4. They performed WRONG, UNNECESSARY work which we paid in full for.
5. The problem is that they performed the WRONG repair.
6. The "repair" did nothing to resolve our problem, and has in fact, caused it to deteriorate further.
7. We contacted them MULTIPLE times from almost immediately after, to report that there was no improvement. I have no idea why Mr. Cole's timeline is missing at least 4 visits that they made to "reassess the situation" based on our repeated complaints about the ineffectiveness of the work they did.
8. They are now refusing to do the right thing, because they know they 100% dropped the ball.
Is ARS now saying that it is okay to provide incompetent, deficient, and frankly WRONG service to a client, so long as the customer accepts their contract, whether they were wrong in their diagnosis of the root problem or not?
We are out of over $4,000.00 that we paid to this company, our office smells so bad that we are hard pressed to keep our customers or even operate our business, our sewer actually deteriorated due to the "repairs" they carried out, and we are caught in a semantic back and forth with a company that, frankly, should have more integrity than to present the most flimsy of excuses.
Final Business Response