Beltone Hearing Care Centers-Oak Lawn

08/25/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

SENIOR CITIZEN responded to mailing for FREE Hearing Test, $1000 credit/discount and 30 day FREE TRIAL of Hearing device. Made appointment for office visit.

7/07/14 - INITIAL VISIT. During interview I explained that more than one ENT had advised that my hearing loss could best be addressed using a 2 device (Cross-Aid) system. Audioprosthologist **** ******** (IDPH Lic#****** assured me that new technology in the device she was selling, eliminated the need for 2 devices.
After promoting only one device,****** printed out a contract on her computer and requested a $400 DEPOSIT in-advance, reduced to $200 after I protested. Put $200 on credit card, and I was to be notified when device was ready for testing.

7/24/14- 2ND VISIT.****** advised that BEFORE testing of the device could begin, I would have to pay the remaining balance ($3558.71) in-full. The 30 day trial would begin AFTER I paid... with a FULL REFUND "possible" after 30 days, if I decided not to keep it. I requested a few days before deciding to spend $3600 and****** advised she was only in that office on Thursdays (next appt 7/31), while pressuring me (including a call to her "boss") to complete transactions today. My $200 DEPOSIT was a non-refundable "preparation fee", as they had no use for the color of the device that matches my complexion.

7/25/14- NEXT DAY. After deciding that the business practices of Beltone/**** ********, prohibited me from committing $3600 in-advance, I spoke with receptionist***** over the phone, telling her of my decision and my request for a FULL REFUND.***** seemed to be reading from a script as she explained that I had "signed a contract" that included no refund.***** left message (4:01pm 7/25) that****** was unreachable at that time, and that****** would call me Monday. We have been playing telephone-tag since.

Signed a brief UNDATED contract that was printed on******** computer that stated the required DEPOSIT was instead a "preparation fee".
I SIMPLY WANT THE RETURN OF MY $200 DEPOSIT, AS I DID NOT ACCEPT DELIVERY OF ANY AID(S).

Hearing Aids & Assistive Devices