BBB Accredited Business since 08/01/2013

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

02/06/2015Delivery Issues
12/22/2014Problems with Product / Service
07/28/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

On 05/07/2014 All Garage Service installed a a garage door opener as well as a garage door, the total cost was $935. Upon completion of the job i noticed that my door was not aligned properly so ***** ( the installer) and Daniel ( the owner) told me that they would return the next day to correct the issue. I was given a 9am return time, however my door is still unaligned and the company has not made good on promises made.
Product_Or_Service: Garage door and opener
Account_Number: 20006

I want to contact another company to correct the problem and have All Garage Service to either pay the bill or deduct the amount from the $935 already paid.

Customers garage floor was critically cracked and uneven. After installation our service technician recommended to use self leveler concrete which is sold in stores and after doing so we wouldn't mind coming over to adjust our overhead garage door and opener. Customer called and I sent out one of our trucks that same morning to find out the customers had another garage door company there at the same time. Customer cancelled and requested that they prefer to have another company do the work. I do not appreciate booking appointments just to have them cancel within 45 minutes let alone have another company tamper with our install; which by the way Absolutely voids out our 2 year warranty on labor. I own and operate a reputable litigable company with plenty of good reviews. Suggestion; break and haul away damaged concrete and pour would be the right way.

On the day of the install there was a raised fault in the foundation however; ***** nor ****** mentioned that this was an issue until discovering that the door would not meet the pavement on the north side. I was told by ***** that if I repaired the fault, the door would automatically shift and correct itself. I had the concrete repaired however; that did not correct the issue. Please ask All Garages to explain the following...

The reason that I called a third party was because All Garages was a No Show, No Call on Tues the 27th of May. After sending another installer out on friday the 23rd to improve the incorrect install, I was told what i needed and that they, ( all garages ) would return on Tues the 27th, that never happened. Meanwhile on Saturday the 31st while on my way to church. the garage door went up but got stuck. That is when I called Windy City Garages, which showed up at the same time that all garages did however; after the poor install i didn't trust the services of All Garages any more.
( See Photo and letter)

I do apologize for the No Show and No Call on our behalf, I could've at least called to reschedule and notify that we would not be able to make it out on that specific day. We are very overwhelmed with appointments and pretty much backed up. It was not intentionally intended to avoid the customer whatsoever. We always make it a point to have good relations with all our customers. Customer service is first and foremost. That day when you called, I sent out a truck to your location immediately to come find out another company was already performing their services on our door. I right away gave orders to my driver to leave and head to their next appointment. When our service trucks are onsite for a repair or under warranty issues, we're there to work and correct whatever needs to be corrected... Why? Because that's what we do.

First of all...You say that you apologize for the NO CALL, NO SHOW. Yes! The professional thing to do would have been to notify your PAID IN FULL customer, instead of making me guess and wait. So I called a more reliable company to fix my issue that All garages left me with.

Second...All Garages has the nerve to void my warranty because I called a more reliable company, when admittedly you where a NO CALL & NO SHOW. Should I still be waiting???

It is not the responsibility of the customer to assist your company with scheduling...and i quote

"We are very overwhelmed with appointments and pretty much backed up. It was not intentionally intended to avoid the customer whatsoever."
Signed...
Not my problem

Garage Builders, Garage Door Repair, Garage Doors & Openers, Aluminum Products, Soffit & Fascia, Siding Contractors, Roofing Contractors