BBB Accredited Business since 08/18/1999

Rock Valley Fence

Phone: (815) 636-2095Fax: (815) 636-8495

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

09/29/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Sales person for RVF Co. told me trees would not be an issue. They cut into the apartment complexes tree and have the tree leaning directly on this privacy fence. They took a huge notch out of this tree that is not mine.

The fence looked horrible the manager had to come back out to make adjustments to the fence to make it acceptable. The way they were going to leave it was an embarrassment. I am not a picky person but in no way could I look at this fence the way they were planning on leaving it.

The chain link gates did not close properly. When I informed the owner or manager at the shop he informed me how to fix this problem my using a hammer and knocking back the hinges and making other adjustments. A complete joke. I have pictures if I could possibly send them I would be glad to do so.

I need the fence moved inwards into the yard or build around the neighbors tree in a way that the fence will not be affected by the tree due to wind or future growth. Plus also have the chain link gates properly adjusted so the gates can latch like a normal gate should.

9/2/14

I have my fence that they installed still leaning into my neighbors tree that they cut out like a Lincoln log. I will cut the tree down myself but I need rock valley fence to get the permission. I do not have the time to do so. I work two jobs and don't have time to clean up their mess.

If they want to compensate me to do so other than 200 $in which it will cost at the very least for myself to take care of this tree and dispose of it. Let alone the damage it has probably already done to the fence due to high winds, tree growth etc. I was told trees would not be an issue when they mapped out my yard and showed me exactly where the fence would be. By the picture I will attach you will see that they are very much an issue. Poor and unprofessional work. All they would of had to do is ask me to come in one foot or any amount of distance would of been better. Again it's not my tree it is a apartment complex who I can not get ahold of to get permission. I have tried for two days and I said enough. This is the fence company's problem they can get this permission and I would need it in writing. This is still unsatisfactory work that has yet to be complete by RVF Co. In addition to that they are now trying to add finance charges to the remaining balance. In which I am still trying to settle through way of BBB. I have attempted to email ***** ****** two weeks ago but have gotten no reply.

10/25/2013Problems with Product / Service
09/20/2012Problems with Product / Service
11/22/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I do wish to close this complaint. For a company to take two and a half months to respond is poor business and I do not want to have anything to do with Rock Valley Fence. I expected a quote in July not in November. I expected repair of inferior work in July. Buyer beware of Rock Valley Fence. Sincerely,

Wayne Augenson