BBB Business ReviewIs this your Business?
BBB Accredited Business since 11/01/2006
BluePay Processing, Inc.
Phone: (866) 441-9670Fax: (866) 422-5460
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||4|
|Billing / Collection Issues||12|
|Problems with Product / Service||9|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||26|
Complaint Breakdown by Resolution
|12/09/2013||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies
Complaint: Service was cancelled 7/1/13 in a fax sent to the company. They have continued to charge some $455.90 in charges AFTER cancellation and I quit using their service. Charges including security verification ($129.00) which they NEVER preformed, and billed me the charges without ever even contactiong me more than a month AFTER I had cancelled and stopped using their service.
Initial Business Response
Complaint Resolution: Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.
|11/26/2013||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Work performed outside the terms of the contract or agreement
Complaint: **** number XXXXXXXXXXXX was taken out of my account on 10-17-13 still no refund account is still active after several attempts to cancel and just received another monthly statement on 10-31-13 and they are still taking monthly service charges from my account.
Initial Business Response
Complaint Resolution: Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.
|10/08/2013||Problems with Product / Service|
|08/19/2013||Billing / Collection Issues|
|08/13/2013||Billing / Collection Issues|
|Page 1 of 5|
|11/26/2013||Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: None of the Above - Credit, Billing or Collection Complaint Issue
Complaint: On July 16,2013, BluePay stopped funding my credit card sales to my checking account as they had done the past few years prior. My sales went through on my credit card machine and Bluepay charged my fees for my sales but withheld payments to my account for 3 weeks. They continued to deduct and charge my account their processing fees despite holding my funds. As a result, I got 252.oo in bank fees for return checks written on that account. I was never notified that funds were withheld. As I was in peak season in my shop, it took my three weeks to find out there was a problem. Bluepay never notified my that they were withholding funds. A letter, or simply turning off my machine would have prompted me to contact them. Bluepay has refused to refund me the 252.00 in bank fees I got as a result of non payment for credit card purchases.
Initial Business Response
Complaint Resolution: BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.
|10/21/2011||Problems with Product / Service|
|10/11/2011||Problems with Product / Service|
|01/14/2011||Billing / Collection Issues|
Credit Card Processing Service
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Chicago and Northern Illinois. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*BluePay Processing, Inc. is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
Additional Phone Numbers
- (630) 300-2437
- (800) 266-2518
- (630) 355-0336
- (630) 990-7715
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
Industry Tips for Credit Card Processing ServiceCredit Cards - Use When Purchasing by Mail or Tele
Controlling Credit Card Processing Costs
Online Credit Cards - Look Before you Click!
Use Caution with Gold and Platinum Card Offers
What is BBB Advertising Review?
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.