American Home Improvers

10/28/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I dealt with ******* ******** Project Manager, and ****** *****, General Manager of American Home Improvers. They were hired to fix roof leaks, repair chimney, and put on a chimney cap. On July 2, 2013, I gave them a check for $1355, half of the bill. On July 9, they fixed the leaks and chimney. The chimney cap didn't fit and they said they would get a different one and put it on. I gave them a check for the rest of the bill--$1355. and they were to send me the invoice. Neither the chimney cap nor invoice arrived. On July 19 I emailed them and was told they were trying to find a chimney cap and when they did both matters would be resolved. On September 12, I again emailed and said if they couldn't find a chimney cap, would they just refund the cost of the cap and its installation. I did not hear from them. On September 23, I called American Home Improvers and left a message for ****** and for *******. I have not heard from either of them or from American Home Improvers. They were so prompt in repairing the leaking roof and fixing the flashing, I just wish they would finish the project. I chose them, even though they were more expensive, because I could have both the roof and chimney projects done by one firm.

Ideally, I would like the project completed and the invoice sent to me. I would settle for a refund and the invoice.

The consumer indicated ONLINE that the business responded to this complaint to his/her satisfaction. He/she also stated:
On October 22, 2013, they installed the chimney cap. ******* apologized for the delay and said they had heard from you. Thank you for solving my problem.

Contractors - General, Windows - Repairing, Windows - Vinyl, Windows - Wood, Windows, Storm Windows & Doors, Doors - Installation, Doors - Patio, Windows - Installation & Service, Construction & Remodeling Services, Siding Contractors, Home Improvements - Additions, Gutters & Downspouts