This business is not BBB accredited.
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Bathrooms, Kitchens, Basements, Decks, Windows, Roofing, Siding, Gutters.
View Business Review Inquiries
On 8/31/2016 this business's accreditation in the BBB was revoked by the BBB's Board of Directors due to its failure to adhere to the BBB requirement that Accredited Businesses meet and abide by the following standards:
- 1. Establish and maintain a positive track record in the marketplace.
- 1D. Be free of an unsatisfactory rating and maintain at least a B rating at the accrediting BBB and the BBB where it is headquartered, if different.
- 1E. In its relationship with BBB:
- meet all applicable standards within this Code of Business Practices
- cooperate with BBB's activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business' industry
- honor any settlements, agreements or decisions reached as an outcome of a BBB dispute resolution process
- complete the required application and pay all monetary obligations to BBB in a timely manner
- 2. Adhere to established standards of advertising and selling.
- 2B. Abide by the BBB Code of Advertising, available online at: http://www.bbb.org/membership/codeofad.asp. Supply, upon request, substantiation for advertising and selling claims. Correct advertising and selling practices, when recommended by BBB.
- 4. Openly identify the nature, location, and ownership of the business, and clearly disclose all policies, guarantees and procedures that bear on a customer's decision to buy.
- 4A. Upon request, provide BBB with all information required to evaluate compliance with BBB standards. This may include, but is not limited to business name, address and contact information; names and background of principals; business and banking references; licensing and/or professional accreditation; and a complete description of the nature of the business.
- 6. Address marketplace disputes quickly, professionally, and in good faith.
- 6A. Promptly respond to all complaints forwarded by BBB by:
- Resolving the complaint directly with the complainant and notifying BBB, or
- Providing BBB with a response that BBB determines:
- is professional,
- addresses all of the issues raised by the complainant,
- includes appropriate evidence and documents supporting the business' position, and
- explains why any relief sought by the complainant cannot or should not be granted.
- 6D. Cooperate with BBB in efforts to eliminate the underlying cause of patterns of customer complaints that are identified by BBB.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that affect the rating for Katlia Construction Inc. include:
- 17 complaint(s) filed against business
- Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||10|
|Total Closed Complaints||17|
Additional Complaint Information
A recent review of BBB complaints has delineated a pattern of consumer allegations against Katlia Construction Inc.
In their complaints, consumers allege that:
Consumers allege they signed agreement and paid deposit, but the company failed to schedule or never began work in their homes.
To date we have not heard back from the company regarding the pattern of consumer allegations. The BBB will continue to monitor complaints, but advises any consumer to be aware of this business and the pattern of consumer allegations.
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||1|
Licensing, Bonding or Registration
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
Illinois Department of Public Health
122 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago IL 60603
Phone Number: (312) 814-2608
Type of Entity
Business ManagementMr. Vince Larocca, Manager
Construction & Remodeling Services Bathroom Remodeling Windows - Installation & Service Basement - Contractors Home Improvements - Additions Patio, Porch & Deck Enclosures Roof Decks Roofing Contractors Siding Contractors Residential Remodelers (NAICS: 236118)
Method(s) of PaymentCash, Check , Credit Card and financing is available
Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Summary
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview