BBB Accredited Business since 10/04/1995

R A S Concrete, Inc.

09/24/2012Problems with Product / Service
09/08/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

In April of 2013, we contracted to have R.A.S. Concrete, Inc to repair our sidewalk, and the area at our front door. The work was done and to our satisfaction. During this past winter, 2013-2014, a small portion of the area by our front door broke into pieces and came away from the house. I called R.A.S. and was told that he would come out & look at it. After he checked it, he said he would come by & repair it as soon as the weather got nice. He never called me to say when he would be out, or that the new work would never match last year's work. One day I came home and saw that he had been here and patched it up. The color is totally off & much darker, and it looks terrible! After calling him several times to try and reach a resolution, he called & said that it would never match & that he told that to me before he did the patching. This is completely untrue. If I had known that it would look so bad, I would have had him suggest another solution. In the interim, I had another company that was doing work in my neighborhood, look at the area. They told me that the entire area needs to be redone, otherwise it will never match. I then called ****, (RAS) again and asked if we could somehow resolve the situation. I also told him what the other company had said. He finally called me back, and his reply was that "we don't repair anything that Mother Nature causes". Let the other concrete company fix it since they can control the weather. He also left on the same message, that his friend always told him that if the "horse is dead" then just dismount. And he went on to say that's what he is doing!! He said he is walking away, & it's just not his problem. His attitude and rudeness and lack of follow-through is totally unacceptable.
Product_Or_Service: replacement of sidewalk & area in front of doo

We would like the area, that I described, replaced.

I do not blame RAS for the concrete chipping due to the severe winter. I was never unhappy with the work. My complaint is about the fact that I was never informed as to when he would come and repair the crack, or that the color would never match. Had I been informed as to when he was coming to repair it and had I been told that the color would not match, I would have seen if we could have come up with another solution

Concrete Contractors, Home Improvements