Chicago and Northern Illinois

BBB Accredited Business since 12/05/1992

Midas Auto Centers-N.Clybourn

01/06/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I brought my car in to have my driver's side headlight changed. As I pulled away from the parking lot afterwards, the car was suddenly lurching and jolting, and the acceleration was slow and also jolty. When I brought the car back, the Midas employees immediately denied that they had done anything, and were extremely rude. They did not even offer to check the issue for me, I had to ASK for it, and even then, they tried to get me to come back the next day. When I asked to see a supervisor, they said there weren't any.

I finally got them to look into it, and the assistant manager I was speaking with told me there was a huge tear in my air intake duct, then stated there was no way his store was responsible. Just two weeks previously, I had the car fully serviced including an oil change, 60,000 mile check up, and a full once-over of the car. It was rated in perfect condition by that dealer mechanic, and had been driving beautifully ever since, until I left the Midas lot.

My father, the titled owner of the car in question, went back to the dealer mechanic we had service it two weeks ago. The mechanic stated that the tear had not been there when he had checked the car. He also stated that this particular part very often breaks by accident when servicing other parts of the car under the hood, and it was very likely the same thing had just happened to me.

We are having the car repaired elsewhere at a trustworthy dealership, and would like this Midas location to reimburse entirely for all repairs involving this particular issue.

The consumer indicated ONLINE that the business responded to this complaint to his/her satisfaction. He/she also stated:
We received a check from Midas International a few days ago for the amount of the repairs done on my car. We are satisfied with this resolution and would like to close the case.

Auto Repair & Service, Chemical Cleaning - Industrial, Mufflers & Exhaust Systems, Tire Dealers