BBB Accredited Business since 09/01/2006

Evanston Subaru in Skokie

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

12/26/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

On ******** 25, I was checking out a ***** wagon. I wanted to ask my mechanic about it and it was after his shop hours, so I gave them $500 to hold the ***** until the next day. They told me that it would be refundable.

The next day I told my salesman I wasn't going to get the car as my mechanic recommended against it and they said that they would take care of crediting my account immediately. I then got my statement a week later and it was still on there. I've since tried calling them and kept getting told by whomever I was speaking to that they didn't have the paperwork at the moment or were busy and would call me back. They haven't called me back.

I again reached out to them after letting it sit for a week as I was focused on my finals at school. The salesman I had been dealing with said he was tied up but would call me back within an hour and didn't. I left him a message. This has gone on for close to a month and they seem to show no effort in solving this fraudulent charge.

I want them to give me my money back. Seems simple enough. It seems reasonable to me to ask them for interest as it seems as though my money has been financing their business, but I also understand that that's (somewhat) unreasonable.

So, again, just give me my money back.

The consumer indicated ONLINE that the business responded to this complaint to his/her satisfaction. He/she also stated:
They got in touch with me and fixed the error right away and apologized for not following up previously. The manager also told me that he'd be dealing with the salesman internally.

02/10/2015Problems with Product / Service