In Chicago and Northern Illinois

BBB Accredited Business since 10/01/2011

Continental Audi of Naperville

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

01/28/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: On ******** 28, 2013, I purchased car P3397 from Continental Audi in good faith based on the Certification Check Sheet. When we reviewed the check sheet at the salesman's (**** ************* he stated that the only attention needed on the vehicle was power steering and brake fluid, as indicated by the checks in the "Needs Attention" column. I agreed with that. Furthermore, page 3 of the Certification Check Sheet (also attached) indicates that the transmission (53) and suspension (63) were in Good condition; however when I had the vehicle inspected by two independent auto technicians (1/2/14 at Imports Unlimited, Inc., and 1/7/14 at ****** they found that the transmission and suspension require work in order to drive the car safely and properly. Therefore, the check sheet should have noted "Needs Attention", rather than "Good." This does not indicate truth in advertising. Two independent auto technicians found that the transmission and suspension need attention. Both technicians state that in order to drive the car safely and properly, the 1) Air Suspension Compressor, and 2) Transmission Connector Sleeve and Pan require service. This work totals $2305.76 (the lower of the 2 quotes).

"I have tried to solve this dispute directly with the auto dealer. My son sent an email on January 7, and **** called him to tell him he had no case. I then sent an email on January 8 to Jeff Nemcher (salesman) and ***** ******* (pre-owned sales manager) and **** replied stating they performed minimum required tests. I then sent an email on 1/14/14, to both **** ******* (salesman) and ***** LaGioia (pre-owned sales manager), and my emails were returned. I believe that I was blocked from their email system. The point I am making is that the information provided during the sales process was not correct. They stated that the only attention the car needed was brake and power steering fluid; however, it has been proven by two independent auto technicians that the vehicle requires both transmission and suspension repairs. Hence, the Certification Check Sheet should have stated "Needs Attention" rather than "Good." This would have influenced my purchasing actions."

Contact Name and Title: **** ******
Contact Phone: ************ x127
Contact Email: *****@conaudi.com
Hi *****,
I apologize for my delayed response. I have been investigating your concerns. I can understand why you became alarmed after visiting the Imports Unlimited repair shop. Their outrageous quote to mechanically recondition your 2006 **** ***** *** was over $7,400. Taking your car to a more specialized facility like Knaus is a smart move. Keep in mind; both facilities earn a living by repairing vehicles.
At the time of our Used Vehicle Inspection, the items listed on your two estimates were not evident to our Technician. He too earns a living by removing and replacing parts on vehicles. It is in his best interest to quote any or all items needing attention.
Upon reading some articles on the internet, Land Rovers do have a tendency to leak air from the air suspension compressor over time. However, that does not deem the vehicle unsafe. Most eight year old vehicles with +90,000 miles have leaks and require some attention. The terms of our sale were As-Is. We sold you the vehicle at a bargain price. There was no warranty on the vehicle in writing or implied. You also declined to purchase warranty.
I do appreciate your business. So, in the spirit of goodwill, I am willing to offer you a one-time adjustment of $500. to assist you with the suggested repairs. Please advise me of your decision to accept or reject my goodwill offer.
Best regards,
**** ******, General Manager
Continental Audi of Naperville

02/25/2013Advertising / Sales Issues
10/31/2012Advertising / Sales Issues
02/24/2012Problems with Product / Service
10/14/2013Advertising / Sales Issues
03/21/2013Problems with Product / Service

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Automobile Dealers - Imported Cars, Auto Parts & Supplies - New, Auto Repair & Service