BBB Accredited Business since 12/01/2009

AAA Appliance Service Center

Phone: (847) 966-1950Fax: (847) 823-6001

07/01/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

This company "repaired" my dishwasher. Several days later, my daughter noticed that the wood floor was buckling. My wife checked downstairs and water was leaking from directly below the dishwasher. She called me at work and I called this company. They sent someone out immediately and my daughter had me on the phone while the technician was there. He pulled out the dishwasher and saw the leak. He turned off the water to the dishwasher. Several days later, the original technician came by and showed me the problem. When he pushed the dishwasher back in, it crimped the copper line and caused the leak. He stated that "this happens with Bosch dishwashers" and that his company " recommends that consumers replace the copper line with a flexible hose" and that I would just have to pay for the hose. He apologized for the problem and put in the new line. This company has stated that they filed a claim with their insurance company, yet I have never heard anything. I continue to reach out and other than one message back, from *****, my multiple calls and emails have gone unanswered.

My floor is severely damaged and needs to be replaced. It is a very large area (3' x 18'). May need to replace entire floor if they cannot sand down and match the stain exactly. I need this fixed ASAP

Contact Name and Title: *********** Customer Serv
Contact Phone:*************
Contact Email: ***************
********* originally called for service as dishes were not getting clean late January 2014. Parts were replaced and the repair was completed on February 12, 2014. Customer called back on April 29th. Unit is now not filling with water. Upon arriving the technician found that water was leaking from the water reservoir on the left side. Parts were replaced.
When the customer called to say there was a water leak issue, we immediately sent an available technician to stop any leaking. We later sent a supervisor out to review the site. The original February repair was complete and well done. The April issue caused a problem. Our company has been working with ********** to get the floor repaired in the interest of good customer service.
We are a bit surprised by this complaint.********** Store in Downers Grove was contacted and a quote for the floor repair was made by dated 5/28/14. ********** has a scheduled date to do the entire floor refinishing, and not just the area in front of the refrigerator in the kitchen. We approved the work and provided a deposit for the repair to the flooring company. We have done everything we can to take care of the needs of this customer.

11/11/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Ordered service for gas stove. Repair came to house, I explained issue, he looked at model/serial #s, made a few calls and returned to say part no longer available, could not be found.When asked further, he replied it was a nation wide search-none available. He said sorry and collected my $85 'Trip Fee' AND I did not recieve a receipt- I discovered later. (I was too flabergasted over the proposed option and cost of $1000 to 'try' to take it apart and fix it). I believe this was a SCAM to collect the trip charge. Customer service did not relay info about my stove complaint directly onto the repairman. I believe customer service could have and should have asked more questions about the stove and the needed repair, identified the part given serial and model # of unit and KNOWN BEFORE they ever left the shop no parts were available. Repair person didn't even take out a screwdriver, absolutely NOTHING except my words of explanation to 'Diagnose' the problem. He then conducted a 'nation wide search' and came up empty. I did the same and found the replacement part through ************************, specializing in discontinued appliance parts, in about 10 mins. Granted, what's the chance they get a service call and are unable to fix the appliance through no fault of their own. But wouldn't it make sense to find the necessary info about the repair BEFORE coming out to be better prepared to repair? To me, it's a scam, they get their service fee. To me that's NOT a way to run a respected business - show up at a job unprepared.

I think I should receive a refund of the trip charge. I selected this business based on the fact they had ZERO complaints through BBB and had a A+ rating. They are portrayed as a trusted, reliable, and professional service which I don't feel they achieved. Maybe I learned a lesson to never assume anything. A truly professional business would have inquired more and come better prepared than to charge for something I ended up doing myself!

The original complaint was that there was a sporadic power outage on his ***** Gas Range. The customer is in the midst of selling the house and wanted the repair done quickly to pass the inspection. Here, the customer acknowledges that we did what was requested: came out, diagnosed the problem, determined that the part was no longer available, and offered a quote to rebuild the part to complete the repair. Note, we did not simply tell him the part was unavailable and walk away from the repair job, but offered to rebuild it to get the unit working again if he desired. Many other companies do not offer this service, but precisely because we do not wish to leave our customers with no options, we offer the option for a rebuild. The customer, in this case, did not feel the rebuild was worth the price, but was offered the option.
Re-manufacturing a part is a detailed, time consuming, and expensive process, and unlike the mass-manufacturing process by which new machines are made, we cannot rely on economies of scale or an automated process to help us keep our costs low. We offer this service to customers who, for whatever reason, do not wish to find a replacement unit, either because of the cost or inconvenience. We understand that some customers may not feel the process is worthwhile, but when a part is no longer offered for sale, it is our only reasonable option. As we are not the manufacturer or distributor of the stove itself, or the parts therein, we cannot control whether or not the parts are available.
The customer's primary complaint appears to be that we do not provide free diagnosis, over the phone or otherwise. We do not hide this fact: we do not advertise or provide free diagnosis, and we tell our customers that they will have to pay a service charge for our technician to inspect and diagnose the unit. If the customer had a problem with that, he could have said so at the time of scheduling.
Meanwhile, the customer suggests that we should have taken the model and serial and determined part availability, for free, before we came out. To do so would require us to have a technician diagnose every unit before he even sees it, based on a description of a problem given by a layperson over the phone. To say nothing of the difficulty of diagnosing a unit without even seeing it, this assumes that the value of our service has nothing to do with expertise, diagnostic testing, or operating expenses, and only to do with the actual physical labor of turning a screwdriver once the part is in our hands.
Even if we were able to diagnose every unit without seeing it, we'd still have to employ the technician to diagnose the unit and research the parts before coming out, a diagnostic service which would be much less accurate than in-person diagnosis, and just as time consuming, for which we would also have to charge our customers. However, unlike an auto-mechanic, we cannot ask you to drive your stove into our office, so we must charge something for the time and expense of coming to your home to inspect the unit, research on the parts, etc.
We cannot speak to the veracity of the customer's claims about finding the part within 10 minutes, as we were not privy to the conversation and have not seen the part you claim to have found or have worked with that vendor. He never contacted us to tell us about this part before filing his complaint with the Better Business Bureau. However, we have been in business for over 60 years, and have a wide network of established channels for finding the parts necessary for repairs. We only deal with distributors we know and trust, as we could incur a great deal of liability by installing a faulty or unsafe part from places, particularly in a potentially dangerous appliance like an oven or stove. In the age of the internet, it is always possible that there is some channel that we are not aware of or cannot find, but in the interest of ensuring the safety of our customers and their property, we feel it best to deal only with those channels that we know and trust.
We sympathize with the customer's situation: we never like giving bad news, and would prefer that cheap parts be readily available for every repair. It is in our best interest to give our customers easy solutions and leave them happy without a large investment of time and money on both our parts. However, we did not manufacture the unit, we did not break the unit, nor did we manufacture or discontinue manufacture of the parts. We provided a diagnosis of the unit, identified the part it needed, and offered the best solution available to us. The customer declined those solutions, accepted our fees, paid us for our work, and then filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau without contacting us to tell us he was dissatisfied with the result.
Moreover, he never contacted us to return and install the part. If he was able to find a working part where we were not, we are surprised, but even so, he's proved our point. The value of our diagnostic service is apparent in that we identified the necessary part, which he was apparently unable to do without our intervention. Why he feels he should receive this service for free remains a mystery, but as he agreed to the charges, admits to having benefited from our services, put a part from a questionable source into a dangerously malfunctioning oven just before moving out, and rather than seeking a resolution with us, went straight to the BBB to demand a refund, we feel that he's in a poor position to be using the word scam.

Appliances-Major-Service & Repair, Services - General, Washing Machines & Dryers - Service & Repair, Restaurant Equipment - Repair & Service, Microwave Ovens - Service & Repair, Dishwashing Machines - Service & Repair, Refrigerators & Freezers - Service & Repair, Ranges & Ovens - Service & Repair, Garbage Disposals - Household, Appliances - Major - Parts & Supplies, Ovens - Industrial