BBB Accredited Business since 05/02/2011

Doubletree Hotel

12/18/2012Problems with Product / Service
08/29/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Valet damaged vehicle; hotel will not reimburse cost of repairs.
On the night of **** **** my wife and I stayed at the hotel to attend Riverbend. We let the hotel valets park our car. When we checked out, I noticed a three inch scratch on the rear driver-side door.
The hotel and their insurance company has refused to pay for the repair of the vehicle. In dealing with the insurance company, the employees have provided false statements as to how the car was parked, and what part of the vehicle was damaged.
The hotel management has been slow to return phone calls, and have not been very professional throughout this matter.

A family friend owns a body shop and repainted the entire door for $365. I would like to be reimbursed for the cost of the repair.

We have spoken to *** **** on a few occasions regarding the incident and taken all the steps necessary to resolve the issue on our end. We followed our standard incident procedures such as appropriate filing of incident report to HR, filing with out insurance company, and following up with *** **** personally. There has been no neglect from the hotel regarding the incident. It states in our lot and on our valet slips that the hotel is not responsible for damage or theft of vehicles while in our lot. *** **** has made many attempts including this claim to BBB to cause bad publicity to our hotel. He even posted on trip advisor and our personal facebook page. He claims that our valets "buttons on cargo shorts" are the cause of the damage, our valets do not have cargo buttons anywhere on their uniform.

The hotel has been very difficult to work with in resolving the issue. They have not once reached out to me proactively. Every returned phone call came after several more were not returned.

Based on the platform of the hotel, I could affix a note to my credit card stating I am not responsible for any damages that occur, and then not be responsible for any damage that might occur in one of their rooms. Would the hotel release me from any and all liability based on the aforementioned "note" and/or sign.

I did post bad reviews based on the incidents, and will continue to do so on any and all travel sites where I have the opportunity to post reviews. I have simply stated the facts, the truck was damaged while in the care of the hotel, and they refuse to reimburse for damages. As a consumer, I would find that information very pertinent when determining a suitable place to book a reservation.

I have also notified my corporate travel department, and they are monitoring the outcome to determine whether Vision Hotels should be removed from the list of corporately approved properties.

Hotels